This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Opeth - The Round House

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by affinityband, Nov 10, 2006.

1. affinityband

affinityband Member

T'was a fine evening. Traveled to london in the morning arrived in the late afternoon and sat to have a few pints in the venue and then onto the pub.
    I was looking forward to the show (as always). Up first was paradise lost who were the 'co headliners'. The Performance was fairly standard, as in what i expected. But its most definatley a good thing if a band with the status of paradise lost is on the circuit again, the crowd response was fairly reasonable and there were a fair few people who were really into it. Not bad.
    Next was Opeth. Unfortunately suffering from an inaudible sound, very mushy. Hoping the problem would be sorted after the first song(when) it never did. As everyone knew, it was a filmed show, I managed to capture glimpse of what the camera man was recording on the camera screen and it was looking very nice. the film crew was stationed at the front, on the stage and around the circumferance of the building.
    One thing i was very impressed with was how much axe has improved. Im a cynic but he was on top form..Hes really got the hang of it now and is a worthy attribute to the band. From what i could hear mikaels voice was on top form and the songs were all confidently played without hesitation in the improvised parts.
    It also seems that Peter and Mikael have got two new PRS Modern Eagles( I think, correct me if im wrong). Definately looking the part.
    I was dissapointed with the setlist as it was a mixture of the last two UK tours with the addition of TNASW. Still, not to be selfish, it was a good setlist for a dvd if people hadnt seen it before. Definate improvement on lamentationssz. Post pics later.

2. Kir-ir-Bannog

Kir-ir-Bannog ...no ordinary rabbit

Yes the first 3 mins of when was really muddy, but from where i was standing the sound was fantastic after the mixing guy sorted it out.

btw we have already been discussing this in the other thread, so check it out bro.

3. affinityband

affinityband Member

4. Anza

Anza Member

Can you give us the exact setlist? :) Please Blackwater Park :lol:

5. Kir-ir-Bannog

Kir-ir-Bannog ...no ordinary rabbit

When
    GoP
    Bleak
    UtWM
    FoM
    NatSW
    Windowpane
    BWP
    --------------
    DofF

6. Anza

Anza Member

Awesome :D Looking forward to the DVD.

7. Detric

Detric Banned

ok setlist, was expecting some more songs to be ohnest, but there are some good tracks there cant deny that