This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Opeth US tour

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by gotham, Dec 16, 2002.

1. gotham

gotham Member

all those going to the Opeth tour next month, be sure to check out Tapping the Vein, they are playing first. Female fronted hard rock, a little like "How to measure..." era Gathering. Very good stuff, actually. I've already ordered the album.

Opeth, Irving Plaza, Sunday, January 19, 2003: amazing!

By the way, this is the first time in my memory that a European metal band is headlining Irving Plaza. The rare Euro band that made it to NY usually goes to L'Amours, way out in Brooklyn, like Opeth did in 2001. It makes it all the better that Opeth have broken through and are now headlining Irving Plaza. As a matter of fact, when I saw Porcupine Tree at Irving last month, Peter Lindgren was in the house. Steve Wilson announced this from the stage.

2. IgnorancePersonified

IgnorancePersonified Plagued by insanity.

This U.S. tour pleases me very much.

3. EyeAm

EyeAm Time is now

I think this tour is going to suck. They're playing in Jaxx on a Tuesday. There are two things wrong with that. It's a terrible club and a school night as well. Hopefully the summer tour will be better... this one is just so damn short.

4. Eirik

Eirik Progressive Viking

BAH!

how demanding are you? some people won't be getting to see them, either because they're not popping into their state or maybe not even their country!

or in the Aussie's case... CONTINENT!

stop whining...

5. Lethe78

Lethe78 Expired candle

Yeah, be happt that you have the opportunity to see them. Who cares if it is a school night, if you want to see them badly enough.... :)

6. ricochet

ricochet ghetto philosopher

Yeah, I've heard about this band but have yet to check them out. I'll probably do so before seeing them.

7. Vandalle

Vandalle Stikfa

All I know is that they'd better come to Texas,...must see again...

8. Thorns of Sorrow

Thorns of Sorrow My pic is squished

ahh man Tapping the Vein is playing? erm I really dont like them at all...O wellz. Yeh I have ranted on how much I hate Lamours many many times here, and I praised the heavens when I heard they were playing Irving.

9. metalseth

metalseth Member

oh boo-hoo, a school night. so dont go. and jaxx is a decent place-they do get all the good metal tours and i seem to remember Blind Guardian being there TWICE in one weekend.

10. NAD

NAD What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse

Oh shut up, I've been to a ton of shows on school nights and work nights, I'm sure most others have as well.

11. ShadowLioness

ShadowLioness \m/ \m/

Come on guys, give EyeAm a break...just as I suspected, he/she's young...probably got rules against goin' out on school nights;) . Hell knows I was once that age *shudders*.

I do go to a lot of shows during the week...it does kind of suck cuz I usually gotta fight to leave work early and then I am a zombie the next day...usually it's worth it though:) . In a perfect world all concerts would be on the weekends:p

12. skyshock1

skyshock1 Scorched earth triumphant

Those fuckers aren't coming anywhere near the Southeast!?!?!? Bah!

They'll play 4 fucking shows up around the Northeast, and a bunch out west.... but what about Dallas, Miami, Atlanta, and Seattle?

I remember seeing them at the Masquerade in Atlanta with Nevermore and Angel Dust (GOD angel dust was horrible!)...... that show was just incredible.

Anyone know when Porcupine Tree will be playing a widespread US tour? They've never come to Atlanta. Ever. I've checked their tour archives. It pisses me off. I wanna see those guys!