This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Orange PPCs hard to record

Discussion in 'Backline' started by newamerikangospel, Nov 28, 2018.

1. newamerikangospel

A friend let me borrow their orange PPC and I am finding it easy to get a good sound in the room, but incredibly resonant and nasally under a mic. I find myseld notching quite a bit to get it to sit right. Is this a common experience?

2. H-evolve

H-evolve Member

I have very little experience with that cab, but, yes. The very few sound tests I did had the same conclusion.

I am always surprised by how bad it sounds when mic'd. And, "nasal" is the exact same word I would use also to describe it. However, it does sound quite well in the room, as you pointed out.

This is why I don't really like those cabs...

3. The-Zeronaut

The-Zeronaut Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?

I remember reading a couple of times in this forum over the years how orange cabs are amazing sounding "in the room" but
    very difficult to get a good tone with a mic

4. Let it burn...

Let it burn... Orgasm Donor

I'm using an orange PPC for the last 10 years or so to record my stuff. Try pulling the mic back a ft or so and it really opens up :).

5. newamerikangospel

Thanks guys. I was really starting to question whether I had mic placement down. I can get a good tone out of it, I just end up dynamically notching to an extent I have never had to before, so I was sure I was doing something wrong.