This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Orchid/Morningrise/Deliverance??

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Syndrome, Jan 26, 2003.

1. AfAiRJudgEmenT

I say just start from the beginning, buy Orchid and work your way up. Really, it's hard to choose, I say get all of them, but maybe Blackwater Park like some people mentioned will get you more "bang for the buck" :)

2. Aecliptica

Aecliptica NOT FRANCOIS

is it possible to still purcahse their older releases from stores? casue on their site it says that the production on the older ones have stopped

3. Scorpion

Scorpion New Metal Member

From soft to harder in cronology:
    1.Morningrise:The softest, the most melancholic, and the slowest rhytmic.Buy this first to fly between the pink and black clouds.Distortion tones are at 80-90s technology.
    2.Orchid:Harder than Morningrise.Less emotion more anger.Makes you a tiger.Distortion tones are same with Morningrise.
    3.My Arms,Your Hearse:Emotions again,but the pain is dominant to anger.This album makes you depressed.You wanna break something or suicide after this album.Technology is improving,harder distortion tones and sound than Orchid and Morningrise.
    4.Still Life:Anger dominates pain and a little pain is feeled at the middle of the album.This makes you a warrior.Technology reaches to 95s;harder distortion tones and greater sound.
    5.Blackwater Park:The greatest of the albums with Morningrise in my Opinion.You feel to bite somebody at the start,but then suddenly album makes you cry till the end.Best emotions and melancholy.The gratest technology and distortion tones reaching up to 21st century.Rich and greatest melodies.Greatest rhytm and harmony.All of the songs are great.
    6.Deliverance:This album has no dominant feeling.All pain,anger and melancholy are predominant.Hybride album hehe.Wreath;great song.Deliverance;one of the worst songs ever.Master's Apprentices;one of the greatest songs ever.By The Pain I see In The Others:Great song.Rememeber Tomorrow:Not bad eh!.I think tyis album is not as well as blackwater park or morning rise.The technology falls to 90-95s sound.I think that this album has the impression of being made in a hurry.HeHe!!(Don't swear me Mikael)

4. MetalManCPA

MetalManCPA Papa Opeth

All this discussion for what?

Every Opeth album is awesome to someone - you'll do no wrong getting any of their six albums.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion New Metal Member

Yup,sorry I've forgotten to say ''personally'' at the start.Blackwater park is the best one hehe:cool:

6. Face of Death

Face of Death New Metal Member

Morningrise and Still Life are the best.

7. Hondo

Hondo ·.¸¸.teh.¸¸.·

I think Still Life represents everything about them the best. Though really.. have you just bought one yet? Just buy one.

And to "is it possible to still purcahse their older releases from stores? casue on their site it says that the production on the older ones have stopped":

I see everything but Orchid in music stores pretty regularly, but not all at once of course. Pretty sure I've seen Orchid a few times too, but it's usually Morningrise or BWP. Century Media still sells their original US versions online, as well.

8. Duvall

Duvall Ia!

...If I ever saw Orchid, I'd snap it up. (Time for copy #2 - I usually wear my CDs out much faster..strange.)

I suppose what CD to buy could depend on your pre-existing taste in music. Some people would be better off starting with Morningrise, others better with BWP or Deliverance. (etc)

9. DarkHawk

DarkHawk Member

You named my 3 favorite Opeth albums ever. Id get Orchid first then Morningrise.

You will not be let down by any of these albums.

10. Diablos

Diablos SlayerOfAllHumanity

of course you should buy Still Life.
    The song "Serenity Painted Death" is worth the whole pay.

11. Cenghis Khan

Cenghis Khan New Metal Member

I cannot decide, but all of the three albums below are precious to me:
    -morningrise
    -still life
    -blackwater park