Separate names with a comma.
Want to help spread the disease my friend? Sign up today!
Discussion in 'Anthrax' started by MikeyBong, May 20, 2007.
- From WWE.com: Rey Mysterio’s quest to regain the World Championship may have suffered a severe setback in Santiago, Chile, on Wednesday night.
The injury occurred during Wednesday’s live event at Arena Santiago, where Mysterio teamed with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. During the tag contest, Rey suffered an apparent injury to his right arm – specifically his bicep. Clearly in pain, the Master of the 619 gutted it out and finished the match, then was quickly examined by WWE athletic trainer Jason Crivello upon leaving the ring.
Mysterio flew back to the United States late Wednesday night, and is currently in Gulf Breeze, Fla., waiting to meet with world-renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who will determine the extent of the injury. Regardless of Dr. Andrews’ findings, Mysterio has his heart set on competing this Sunday night at No Way Out, where he is scheduled to face Edge for the World Championship.
Pro Wrestling Insider reports that Samoa Joe has signed a new long term deal with TNA through 2011. Joe was offered a new deal last year and turned it down. The two sides have been renegotiating since and it looks like they finally have things all squared away. This is a big deal as TNA can not afford to lose Joe. Many promotions in Japan have shown interest in him as well as the WWE.
In an interview with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald, former WWE champ Stone Cold Steve Austin said that WWE offered him a spot at WrestleMania which he turned down. "I'd like to go to the Hall of Fame and see the guys get inducted. They got enough talent in WWE that they don't need me for WrestleMania, and it's not my desire to go back into the ring," Austin said.
While Austin didn't reveal what 'pitch was thrown at him' he said that he's always interested for a cameo if it's a good idea. "If I really needed the money, I'd go back in the ring, but I've been conservative with my money and invested wisely. I have fond memories of the business, and I love the business, but I don't miss it." Since wrestling his last match at WrestleMania 19, Austin appeared as a referee at WrestleMania 20, on Piper's Pit at 21, skipped WrestleMania 22 and then appeared as a referee again at WrestleMania 23. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)
- With WWE dropping Jakks in 2010 there is also talk of them dropping THQ when their deal ends the same year. EA is very intrested in the WWE video game license and are likely to put in a bid for it when their deal with THQ is up.
- TNAwrestling.com's bio of Curry Man has a few factual errors in it. They claim he debuted in 2002 when he actually made his debute in 1999. They also call him a former IWGP Tag Team Champion but it was actually the IWGP Junior Tag Team Titles that he held along with Bryan Danielson.
- There is talk of TNA's April Lockdown PPV having some sort of St. Patricks Day theme to it.
- Kevin Sullivan, the former director of content development for WWE's web site (not to be confused with the TNA producer Kevin Sullivan, or the former wrestler by the same name), has been named managing editor of the YES Network's web site.
- From David Herro: Andrew
"Test" Martin is now accepting bookings for indy shows, personal appearances, and fan conventions. If anyone is interested e-mail David Herro at DavidHerro@aol.com for more information.
I thought he just announced his retirement recently!
Who ever reported this did a hack job on what PWInisder actually reported.
They never said that he recently re-signed, and quoted their interview they did with him back in Oct. where he said he was signed up for "a few more years".
February 15, 2008. This has to be the craziest thing that we've ever heard. MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a person inside Eminem's camp who says that the platinum-rapper has signed on to join the World Wrestling Entertainment.
The insider, who is a well-known member of Eminem's inner circle, agreed to give MediaTakeOut.com an exclusive interview. He explained, "Eminem's in training right now, he's taking private [wrestling] lessons and working on strength training ... All those reports of him being fat are crazy. He's 210 pounds of solid muscle."
And the insider claims that Eminem is about 3 to 4 months away from making his debut. The tipster told MediaTakeOut.com, "He's not doing this as a joke either, he's really committed to being a wrestler. Wait and see, he's going to be flipping [other wrestlers] and doing all that crazy [EXPLETIVE]."
Hey, we're not doubting dude. Who woulda believed that he could have taken over the world of hip hop like he did...
Members of the media are required to credit MediaTakeOut.com if you use any information in this article - either directly or indirectly
Anybody else think this HAS to be bullshit?
Eminem vs K-Fed @ Wrestlemania? Please no.
But then again, if its right in the middle of the show, atleast everybody can get a bathroom break.
Rumors have been flying around that popular rapper Eminem will be joining WWE as an in-ring performer and some sources said that he is "couple of months away" from being ready to hit the ring. However, his publicist denied
all these rumors this week telling CelebrityTruth. com that whomever is spreading these rumors is making stuff up. "Eminem has no interest whatsoever in becoming a wrestler," he said. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)
Well, I feel better now!
- Mike Johnson reports that Abyss will be off of TV for a while to play up the current storyline that he may be done. He is then scheduled to return in a few months unmasked and will most likely wrestle under his real name.
And I feel sick again!
- The story about Sean Waltman attempting suicide by Juvetund Guerrero is open to interpretation. According to Steve Sims, Waltman mixed enough substances to give the appearance that he did attempt suicide. This was a story that was not supposed to get out, but then again, Juvi isn't known for his keeping his mouth shut. Waltman apparently called Vince McMahon regarding WWE's offer to pay for rehab for former company grapplers.
This is the first I've heard anything about this. Anyone else hear about it?
never heard that
- From Mike Informer: Hulk Hogan to start WWE rival. Hogan says he is just days away from launching his own wrestling federation.
- Hector Moody Melendez has updated his myspace page telling his fans that he will be working full-time now for Mexico’s AAA and that he will be starting there on 2/19. He will be working on production and creative department of the promotion. He added that La Calle wrestler Jeff Jeffrey will start fulltime on AAA on March 1. He hinted that sooner or later La Rabia will be together again.
- The TNA Women's champion, Awesome Kong was announced for the IWA event ‘Guerra por el Oro’. She will be doing an open challenge to any female or male wrestler that wants to face her.
- The Motorcity Machine Guns of Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley currently have some backstage heat for a number of reasons including an incident where they refused to do a blade job when attacked by Team 3D.
- Other matches that are likely for Destination X include Petey Williams vs Jay Lethal, Eric Young & Kaz vs Rellik & Black Reign and Gail Kim vs ODB vs Awesome Kong.
- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe is currently the scheduled main event for Lockdown. TNA is planning to build things around Samoa Joe as the top guy for most of 2008.
- Former TNA wrestler Apollo is back in jail after missing a scheduled court date for failing to pay child support.
- The lockeroom Morale in TNA is said to be pretty high right now. The veteran wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash and Booker T don't act better than anyone and seem to get along with most of the younger and lower card talents.
Rey Mysterio must be one unlucky man. While wrestling at the live Smackdown! event in Santiago, Chile, the former World Heavyweight champion suffered a bicep injury during his match with Kane against Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins. Upon finishing the match, Mysterio was checked by the trainer and then flew back to the United States later that night to meet Dr James Andrews who will evaluate his injury. It is feared that Mysterio would need surgery that would keep him out of action for up to six months and obviously would miss tomorrow's No Way Out and the biggest event of the year - WrestleMania. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)