This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

OT: Harassment and deportation of Stream of Passion?!

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Rose Immortal, Feb 6, 2007.

1. crapola

crapola Member

i too know first hand the crap that the irs dishes out... its happening to me right now. they owe me nearly $4000AU and they refuse to pay it. i am definitely entitled to earned income credits but because i am out of the country they dont want to pay me... oh well, tough titties for me..

do we know that members of the band werent equally rude and obnoxious to the customs officers? just because they say they werent, how do you know that that is correct? and could the band be making a mountain out of a molehill? are there language barriers? we all know that not all english is english... understanding some english accents is damn near as hard as trying to understand someone from the american deep south, and if english isnt your first language then you are in all sorts of trouble, especially if slang creeps into a conversation. maybe everyone should speak australian... we all sound the same, just a few words are pronounced slightly different.

ultimately, anyone who is travelling to a foreign country should be responsible for checking their own visa requirements and not leave it to a third person, regardless of who they are.

i'm not trying to justify who was right and who was wrong, but having watched a tv show here about our customs & immigration officers and the treatment they get from visitors, when they are just doing their job, does make me wonder.

2. Eternal Dragon

Australia lets EVERYONE in (well it seems that way :p).

3. forgottenglory

forgottenglory Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll

What a sad and unfortunate story...I bet while they were overzelously holding back those guys who were coming on a bona fide reason, 10,428 migrating birds have already made their way into the UK without those morons permission. They don't like all immigrants they say...are they going to regulate birds and microscopic creatures as well?

4. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

[​IMG]

5. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

So, you actually know second-hand... :loco:

But, I find it interesting nobody expresses much anger against bin Laden and his clan these days. If we weren't dealing with these assholes who are trying to blow up whatever shit they can blow up for the sake of their jihad, we wouldn't have such heightened customs scrutinies and hassles. Look at the crap that they have broken up at Heathrow over the last year. I can see why they would treat a foreigner without proper papers in such a manner. The officials don't know who the hell SOP are, probably.

Every time I travel (quite a bit) I curse bin Laden. But, I'm sure that while he's reading posts about the havoc he has caused in this world, he is ROFLing in his cave.

6. Rose Immortal

Rose Immortal Spirit of Hope

LOL, a slip of the fingers. Although said source is a family member I trust completely to have told the truth, so it's about as good as firsthand. ;)

Oh, trust me, I AM pissed off at bin Laden and all the other extremist assholes who want to blow us up.

It just seems to me in this case, there was more than adequate proof out there of who SoP was that wouldn't have been too hard to get at. This isn't like some unsigned garage band doing the same thing that has no way to prove who they are and what they're doing. But regardless, there is simply no excuse for unprofessional conduct from the immigration officials. Yes, it's a tough job, but they should know that when they sign up. Similarly with waiting tables in a restaurant or doing retail: don't be stupid and take a customer-service job if you don't want to ever deal with a rude customer. Not saying that the SoP members or promoters were rude, but I'm just saying, it makes no sense to excuse somebody for making a choice to be rude because under pressure or not, it is a choice they made and for which they are wholly responsible.

Summed up: telling someone they don't have the right papers, however it happened, is one thing. There is a professional, courteous way to handle it. Being an asshole about it is a whole other thing, and that, more than anything, is what I find so infuriating here. It doesn't matter who it's done to--it's wrong no matter what.

And forgottenglory--Didn't they just have their first bird flu outbreak in Britain? Hmm...maybe they SHOULD be watching the avian immigration problem a little more closely... ;)

7. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

Be nice, Zach.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

This shall be my new avatar.

9. DoomsdayZach

*whines* but jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax... i was being nice! Instead of saying how i really felt, i used a humorous image to convey my feelings.

10. Horus

Horus and his imaginary friend

It's Stephan Colbert, so it's nice by default.

11. DoomsdayZach

Yes. he's a nice conservative boy.

12. SilentRealm

SilentRealm Member

seems that way, but its not.. they only let EVERYONE who is illegal in, and people who have the paperwork they give hell to :lol:

13. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

ABQ wrote
    maybe not everybody thinks Bin Laden and his clan are to blame ;)

14. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

True. But, they can't keep their heads in the sand forever. They'll eventually run out of oxygen.

15. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

When the US end up invading the whole middle east you'll have all the sand you want ;)

16. SilentRealm

SilentRealm Member

there is tension a-brewin' - its hard to be diplomatic and have an opinion at the same time :(

17. crapola

crapola Member

^^ the boys are starting to sound a little like little johnny and barak obama...

18. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

Fuck diplomacy Charis...say what you think...its what your soul demands :)

19. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

....if he (jackboot johnny) thinks that the democrats are the terrorists "party of choice" he's saying the republicans will be voting against themselves :)

20. crapola

crapola Member

^^ little johnny doesnt have any idea about american politics except what dubya feeds him