This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Other Nevermore or Wastefall replacements?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by EDVANTASIA, Oct 2, 2006.

1. EDVANTASIA

EDVANTASIA Member

I don't know if this will get answered or not. But, what other bands were considered, or available. For either Nevermore or Wastefall. And this isn't a complaint on who performed, just curiosity.

2. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

I'd be curious to hear Glenn's response to this as well. However, I'm more interested as it pertains to Nevermore's replacement. Given Glen'n's relationship with ZH and Sensory, I'm guessing when Wastefall dropped, Zero Hour was his first choice, especially since he needed to fill the Prog void.

Zod

3. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Zero Hour was indeed my first choice because:

a. domestic band made travel easy
    b. open schedule
    c. history of working together
    d. Sensory relationship
    e. New album about to be released

As for the Nevermore question, that is a bit tricky to answer to be honest. My options were extremely limited at the time. There was no true "headliner" (subjective term) available (or one that fit my budget anyway). The Jorn idea came about in a conversation with my friend that helped me with Conception last year that same day I found out. He knew Jorn as well and said he would talk to him about it. Jorn was totally stoked and that is the kind of response I look for. He was confirmed within 48 hrs of Nevermore's cancellation.

4. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

Glenn, based on your 'options-feedback' thread you posted initially right after NM's cancellation... I have to imagine you were considering Sonata Arctica, Kamelot and/or Gamma Ray. Either way, I think that Jorn's love of being there showed.

5. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

Well, in my humble opinion, i don't think you could have come up with two better replacements especially given the time restraints, and other restraints involved. Great Job Glenn. Hopefully Next year will not present the problems of this year especially the visa problems.

6. sccaldwell

sccaldwell Guitarist Wannabe

I agree...I was actually much happier with the replacements (esp. ZH!!) than the bands they replaced. I *was* looking forward to seeing Wastefall, though, and hope they'll be considered for next year (as long as those visa issues are worked out *well* ahead of time!!).

Awesome job on the festival once again, Glenn!! :headbang:

Craig