This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paradise Lost- Anathema- My Dying Bride: did you lot really get along?

Discussion in 'Anathema' started by Victor Meldrew, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Alwin

Alwin problem solver

I checked some Katatonia stuff and wasn't impressed - but thanks for the suggestions ppl

2. breaklose

breaklose Spoof Member

see, katatonia are boring. PERIOD.

3. siderea

siderea soûl spy

britney is so doom
    listen to her: my loneliness is killing me

4. season1234

season1234 Member

who cars about Jonas' death vocals? It has been like 10 years since he was even doing them, that's like caring about Vinnie's death vocals, it doesn't even matter anymore, it was a long time ago.

5. MadTinus

MadTinus Language enthusiast

Jonas still does "Murder" live, with the death vocals and they're certainly not crap, as Katatonia as a whole is a pretty darn good band.

6. Loona

Loona *~holdacska~*

*agree*
    okay, they're not the best concert band I've ever seen but hey, who cares?!

7. MadTinus

MadTinus Language enthusiast

Gotta agree with you on that, they're not a great live band..

8. oblio999

oblio999 lost control

They WERE as crap as many other death voices of the 90's death scene in sweden (although I don't think so... and his evolution as a clean vocalist is IMO a great thing BTV... hear him in Discouraged Ones and hear him NOW, then tell me how it is).

But on "Viva Emptiness" it's the drummer Daniel Liljekvist who's doing backing death vocals on track 1 and they're pretty convincing... suggest he could do them live, if he's able to play drums and sing together (not everybody's like Phil Collins...)!

Anyway, never seen them live (unfortunately), can't judge this side of Katatonia. On record they're one of my favourite. Call them derivative, call them boring, but it's one of the few bands I can FEEL.
    And... did you notice... every Katatonia record, from discouraged on, has a dominant color tone in its artwork, and it fits perfectly everytime with the music...

9. Loona

Loona *~holdacska~*

I don't think that orange-shaped thingy fits discouraged, but I agree with the others.
    only saw them once, and it was not that bad (okay, I was in some catharsis, that was their first time here and everyone was waiting), but I could notice they don't have much experience onstage, were a bit shy, Jonas especially

10. zupi_clone

zupi_clone Member

11. Kev P

Kev P New Metal Member

Being around in those days.ugh i'm an old bastard-i saw the bands share a fair few bills and witnessed a certain Frostiness(Celtic) :D

Think Danny covered it mainly with the ripping off of Crestfallen etc..........and it has to be said MDB didn't exactly mix much with fans etc-prefering to booze backstage where you'd always see Danny,Vinny,Dunc,John and good ol Daz mingling with the punters-thats what its all about right?! :Spin: