This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paul Di'Anno got his US Visa.....

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Jasonic, Jan 13, 2010.

1. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Ah. So that's why they can't come in. Pretty dumb friggin' idea. When did this occur btw?

2. RonKFish

RonKFish Member

Thanks for sharing this Stingray. I missed it whenever it had been announced originally. That clarifies things immensely.

That being said, I'm still expecting the cops to be waiting for Di'Anno as he walks out of the "secure" part of the airport terminal. They tend to have long memories about assault on a police officer.

\m/

3. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

The day before they were supposed to play in the Showcase in '08. Shane drafted Halcyon Way to play as the opener at about 1 PM on Thursday.

4. modernwizardry

modernwizardry I want stout!

They were not the best live when I saw them mostly because they were so much louder than they needed to be, but they are great on the albums. Freedom Metal was probably one of the Cds from 2008 that I still listen to regularly.

Worst in Chicago though...I'm sure there's much worse to found.

5. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Wasn't the 08 showcase the Hellish Rock tour?

6. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

You're right. The VP incident came in '07.

7. Saladbar

Saladbar Jose Saladbar

LOL. I know. this is why i am still nervous about buying my ticket. I think once he makes it pass his first concert on this country i will feel better about it.

8. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

and Freak Kitchen played an extended set....:headbang:

9. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Dude, it's only $12!!!!
    I got my ticket immediately once I heard he got the visa.

You and I know that Chicago is a Maiden town!
    It could possibly sell out.

I dunno. I would rather chance it for $12 and know I have a ticket than wait.

I mean, if it does truly get canceled, you would get your $$$ back.

If it were a $50 ticket, then I could certainly see waiting, but for that low of a price, I will chance it knowing 100% that I am in if it does (hopefully) go down.

10. Saladbar

Saladbar Jose Saladbar

Couple of posts from the Iron Maiden forum from people who were at the first US show of the tour in New Jersey last night, apparently he is doing some of his solo songs:

----------------------------------------

"I don't remember the exact set list and I wasn't familiar with his solo stuff (though I thought it was really good so I'll have to get it now!) but he did Prowler, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Running Free, Killers. He did the Ides of March late in the set but not before Wrathchild, which was at the beginning and he did Iron Maiden but made some comment before it. I thought maybe he didn't really want to sing it."

"Fully agree, definately a fun show, he was in good spirits and any Maiden fan needs to check this show out. Only problem is he went on way too late - close to midnight and I needed to be at work for 7:00 so I did not see the full set. Packed house.

He started out with Wrathchild, into Prowler, couple of his solo songs, Murders in the Rue Morgue, more solo stuff and then I bailed.

Before the show he was hanging out at the bar across the street from the venue - just hanging out drinking beers, doing shots, sweating like an animal. Nice guy, did not want to sign anything or pose for photos though, I can respect that.

The house music in the bar was typical rock/metal - Guns and Roses, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Doors - all of a sudden Run to the Hills kicked in, Paul promptly left his seat and exited the bar. Coincidence? I think not..."

"I was actually with him in the mens room pissing at the bar before the show. He was telling me all of his woes and that this was going to be a hard few weeks. I hope he can hold on. I didn't realize that he relied on the cane so much to walk. He had a tough time with the stairs on and off the stage."

11. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

I'm super ecstatic that he is playing some solo stuff, but I am really bummed that he wasn't into signing stuff or taking pictures. I have a good bit of his solo stuff on vinyl and such, a first edition of his bio that is long out of print, etc... that I wanted to get signed. I am also at the next to last night on the tour, so hopefully he would be more open to it then, not to mention I will be someone loading in his stuff, so I might be able to hit him up before things get busy.

12. TheGraveDigger

TheGraveDigger Heavy Metal Maniac

I was at the show at BB Kings tonight. The place was very packed, even more than Hail! the night before which was also pretty full. Paul was in very good spirits and really blew the roof off that place. Icarus Witch played a great back up band for Paul and were right on the money with Ides of March and Transylvania playing them flawless. I am a fan of Icarus Witch on CD but I thought their live set before the Dianno set tonight was rather boring. Paul and the Witch kicked things off with Wrathchild and Prowler which was just great. A Killers song was then represented which was "The Beast Arises" before jumping back into things with Murders in the Rue Morgue. Murders is one of my fav Maiden songs and it sounded great tonight except for a few parts where Paul was basically barking the lyrics like he was in Cannibal Corpse or something. Following Murders there were a good five solo songs in a row from Killers and Battlezone. The only names I remember from the solo stuff was "Faith Healer" and "Children of Madness" but I must say that all of his solo stuff sounded excellent and I now want to go back and get some of that stuff. "Killers" was represented off the Maiden album of the same name and was just amazing, the audience went nuts. We then got "Running Free", "Transylvania", and "Iron Maiden". I left right before he finished "Iron Maiden" to beat the crowd out. I think the only other thing I saw on his set list from the stage was "Blitzkrieg Bop" after "Iron Maiden" not sure if I saw "Sanctuary" or not. Before doing "Iron Maiden" Paul said he hadn't played the next song for about 25 years but the guys in Icarus Witch talked him into it. Right before playing it he said "I really shouldn't be playing this" but then saw how nuts the audience went and delivered them a great performance.

I feel bad for Paul, he looks like he has it real rough. Does anyone know what the deal with his limp is? Did he get injured over the years? I am just happy to see him out here with a smile on his face and playing to packed crowds... good for him! If he comes back next year which he suggested he will I will go see him again. If you get the chance to see this tour do not hesitate.

13. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

Incidentally, Whitesnake also played on Maiden's first tour w/ Judas Priest!
    I still remember it well, 1981-The Judas Priest "Point Of Entry" tour, and in hindsight, I should've went! :erk::cry: I was all of 16 then!
    Those were the days!:headbang::kickass:

14. kittybeast

kittybeast Member

I was so stoked to the Icarus Witch is doing the full tour, after years of following this band I finally get to see the Witch Live!! :headbang::Smokin:

15. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

I saw them a couple years ago when they toured with TROUBLE.
    They were excellent indeed.
    Looking forward to seeing them again.

Looks like I may need to pick up some Di'Anno solo before the gig.

16. eaeolian

eaeolian Division Guitarist

I wonder which solo songs he's doing? Regardless, I'll probably be there Sunday at Jaxx.

17. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

Get Killers - Murder One, Dianno - Nomad/The Living Dead (Both are essentially the same album, The Living Dead has a couple of more songs than Nomad, but they both share many of the same songs. I can't tell if they are rerecorded completely or just heavily remixed.) I highly recommend both.

18. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

I thought you told me he WASN'T going to reach American soil??? :err:

:p

19. Jasonic

Jasonic Doom On!

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

20. Saladbar

Saladbar Jose Saladbar

Again from the Iron Maiden forum, some of his non-Maiden songs that were played.

Marshall Lockjaw
    Faithhealer
    Beast Arises
    Impaler
    Children Of Madness

and a cover tune Blitzkrieg Bop