This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phlebotomized

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Podgie, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

[​IMG]

Phlebotomized were a Dutch seven-piece death metal band formed in 1989. They combined the styles of death/doom, technical death and avant-garde death with some grinding parts to create their own unique sound, the combination of brutally and melody. They split up after the release of their second full-length Skycontact (which retains little to nothing from their previous album) in 1997. Prior to Skycontact, they released two demos and two EPs as well as Immense Intense Suspense - the album often regarded as their finest work, and which impressed me so much.

Superb atmospheric avant-garde doomy death metal. Highly recommended!

Phlebotomized @ Myspace
    Phlebotomized @ Metal Archives

2. Covet Chaos

Covet Chaos Weedian

I needed to listen to these propperly last time you suggested them. I think ill have to sort that out soon!

3. siobhan!

siobhan! Street Team shindiggery.

They are pretty ace!

4. Keenan

Keenan Crippling Self Doubt

I checked em out when you posted em in the "Recommendation" thread, insane stuff! Too bad Amazon doesn't have Skycontact, :(

5. Podgie

Podgie Young Man, Old Soul

I know man, it's a task and a half trying to track down physical copies of their stuff. I've been on the search for a long time and I only own a copy of Skycontact, which is pretty rare. I don't think I stand a chance of getting hold of a copy of Immense, Intense, Suspense or Preach Eternal Gospels without winning a fierce bidding war.

The band split a long time ago now though and all their releases are long out of print so if you want the music I'd say just download it. I did, simply because it's the only way you're going to be able to hear it.