This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Playing with Amplitube 3

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Revson, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Revson

Revson Member

I had some free time on Saturday and wanted to get to know Amplitube and Cubase 7.5 a little better. So I threw together some riffs, programmed some drums, and now here I am. I guess I would say this is in the vein of progressive rock/metal. Enjoy

#1 Revson, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. SkylarWanke

SkylarWanke Member

I never have been an Amplitube fan myself, but I like what you did here. I don't know your personal preferences on mixing, but the guitars could come up a bit. And I think that on the section right around the 1:45 mark, you could use two more guitar tracks to really accentuate it. Other than that, I really like the song!

3. Laardi

Laardi Hilardious metal!

That's a great song! Mind sharing some info about the way you used Amplitube here?

I was never too fond of Amplitube 3, but that is probably due to the fact that I don't know how to dial in a good tone :D

Now that I have a Kemper, I can load other people's great tones easily and try to get close with Amplitube. Here is a quick demo; the guitars are switched between the Kemper profile and Amplitube (+ a freeware impulse + brute force match eq). Full mix first 0:00-0:18 and the just the guitars (L+R) 0:18-0:37.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55653919/kemper-vs-sims-1.mp3

You can hear the changes between Amplitube and Kemper of course, but it gets surprisingly close IMO.

My faith in Amplitube is getting stronger. :)