This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

POETS OF THE FALL: Clearview

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by KingsGene, Sep 28, 2016.

1. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

I know there are, or were, some fans of this band on the forum.... from Poets Of The Fall Facebook post :

POETS OF THE FALL, PRESS RELEASE (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) MAY 26th 2016

"...The two year wait for a new Poets of the Fall album is almost over. The upcoming seventh studio album entitled Clearview will be released on September 30th 2016 worldwide.

The album will feature 10 new tracks. For the album, the band decided to team up with a producer for the first time in their history. Stefan Boman is one of the top producers in Europe, and became well known as the producer of the Swedish alternative rock band Kent in the 2000’s. “The sound of Clearview is a mix of grit and tenderness, it’s like a kiss and a punch in the face”, Boman reflects. The first single from Clearview will be entitled Drama for Life, which is set to be released on August 5th 2016....For more information about Poets of the Fall, visit the band’s official website at www.poetsofthefall.com ...."

From melodicrock.com noticeboard... new single "Drama For Life"

Ixxtarra likes this.
  2. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

That was a good tune! Need to investigate these guys a bit. Thanks, Scott!

3. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

4. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

Thank you, Scott.

I, for one, think you deserve a raise. :)

5. orcslayr23

orcslayr23 Member

Pretty good song. This album is a must buy for me. Still hoping they'll play the USA one day. My wife and I are huge fans.

#5 orcslayr23, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Ixxtarra likes this.
  6. jaimek

jaimek incorrigible

POTF is usually a blind buy for me, but this one is going to need time to grow on me.

7. engmtlhd

engmtlhd Member

Have to admit I haven't to listen to anything from this band, but I like the song. Definitely worth checking out.

8. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

Okay, I've had some time to dig around and check some stuff out by these guys, leading up to just this morning clicking on the YouTube link for the Live in Moscow show from 2013.

Holy shit. This is a GREAT fucking band. I'm almost ashamed of having never taken the time to investigate them. And this concert is what completely sold me. I liked most everything I had checked out on YouTube (and through other means), but I wasn't blown away by a complete disc of their tunes yet. This concert changed all that. No, it's not metal, but certainly hard rock bordering on metal, at times. Clearly there's lots of mellow stuff, too.
    I would LOVE to see these guys in Atlanta. They would kill.

Ixxtarra likes this.
  9. jaimek

jaimek incorrigible

There's a small but vocal group of us that have been asking for Poets at PP for several years. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably only be able to see them in Europe. They weren't touring the last time I went, but I'm hoping to catch them next year.

Kez likes this.
  10. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

I can't believe it is going to really happen..... POETS OF THE FALL will be at ProgPower USA XX !!!

Kez likes this.
  11. Kez

Kez pronounced Keez

I can hardly believe it either. Glenn just nailed me with next year's lineup, and this was an amazing announcement. So friggin' excited!

12. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I'm only familiar with them from their video game work (Alan Wake, Rochard). I'll need to dig deeper.