This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pop-punk mix... kinda

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by qwe1234, Jun 25, 2011.

1. qwe1234

qwe1234 Member

2. qwe1234

qwe1234 Member

3. cent73

cent73 Member

A nice one. Cool guitars sound. The only thing I would change is the kick - I'm not sure it fits the style in and definitely it's too loud. And what's that noise at the end? No noise reduction?

Oh, and one more thing - it seems that ppl got bored with rating mixes. It'd help if there was a rule saying if a person wants his mix to be commented he has to contribute as well.

4. Emdprodukt

Emdprodukt Member of Dude Castle 69

I'm on headphones so take this with a grain of salt... you're definately heading in the right direction. Some things that came to mind:

Leads are a bit scratchy, check around 3/4k and check your lpf. Drums sound a bit fake, especially overheads. Snare is too loud and there's something about the verb I don't like. That's down to taste though. Do you highpass your drumverb?
    And tell your friend to scrap that moshpart. It ruins the song, which is pretty cool except for that part. Just my opinion :D

5. qwe1234

qwe1234 Member

Thanks for the input guys!

Updated link in die OP

I thought the same about the kick.. changed it.
    The noise at the end was the bass. i just pulled the highs on the grit-bass track up, to get a kinda metallic sound out of the pitch shifted guitar di.. fixed that too.
    I also tried to make the leads less scratchy, tell me if it worked :D
    and I've tried around with cubase'es logic editor to make the drums sound more real!

Cheers,
    Lasse

6. Emdprodukt

Emdprodukt Member of Dude Castle 69

logic Editor is great starting point. Although making real sounding midi drums need to be done by hand, especially the OH's. Imagine you're a drummer. If you can't, get someone who is a good drummer and let him tell you, how he/she would play the drums and try to imitate that.

Leads are better now! and btw:

ich weiß warum ich nur noch wenig lust auf programmierte drums habe... echte overheads klingen einfach immer tausend mal geiler :D

7. qwe1234

qwe1234 Member

since this isn't anything serious (yet), i think i won't adjust every single cymbal hit by hand :D

ja das stimmt! ich hab bis jetzt erst einmal mit echten drums gearbeitet und es hat echt spaß gemacht!
    aber theoretisch bin ich ja jetzt auch in der lage drums aufzunehmen :D