This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Porcupine Tree

Discussion in 'Non-Metal' started by Asmondai, Oct 11, 2003.

1. LuminousAether

LuminousAether My name is Distance

capeda, that's your fault for getting by far their least prog album. Get The Sky Moves Sideways or Signify.

2. capeda

capeda Eric the Halibut

Eh, not motivated enough. That album left a REALLY shitty taste in my mouth. I feel like I was robbed, despite only spending 10 bucks on it. If they could release something I hated THAT much, odds are against them writing an album I would hail as "worth paying for."

3. LuminousAether

LuminousAether My name is Distance

You make it sound like the only way to hear music is to buy it. Time to exercise those fingertips and download them my good man.

4. OrestesMantra

OrestesMantra Member

In Absentia is their most "accesible" album to date, so if you cant appreciate the brilliant musicianship of Steve Wilson on Absentia, it is highly unlikely you will like their previous works which are basicaly in the same vein with the exception of Signify and Voyage 34.

5. capeda

capeda Eric the Halibut

I really dislike accessible music. After three or four listens, I never feel the need to hear it again.

6. Leech

Leech aletheia

Lightbulb Sun is probably my favorite album by them, though I also enjoy In Absentia, Lightbulb Sun just seems to have all the greatness of Stupid Dream and Signify put together, and I really enjoy Steve Wilson's guitar work on this album.

7. OrestesMantra

OrestesMantra Member

You sir, need to broaden your musical horizons because PT is truly a brilliant band.

8. UNDEROATH777

UNDEROATH777 Member

PT is my favorite band, along w/ Opeth. If you are just getting into Porcupine Tree, start off with In Absentia...If its not for you try Signify, or Lightbulb Sun, then Stupid Dream...(hard to get cause its deleated!) If you dont like ANY of those, your hopeless.. haha. No, but really Its hard for me to comprehend for anyone who appreciates good music to blow them off. Oh yea, if you like Pink floyd try Sky Moves Sideways or up The Downstair, just go to kazaa and get a song or two...spare a few minutes!

9. Fredy_Brown

Fredy_Brown The Line Begins To blur.

I got into them recently so I haven´t favourite album yet. I would like to them live...how are the?