This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Whoring - random stuff goes here

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Nov 28, 2005.

1. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Gaar - and I was so looking forward to reading the official denial from Corey, looks like there's not much mileage left in this one. Hey Lance- lets find out who the dirty snitcher was and pound 'em! Then again perhaps you were sneaky enough to have done it yourself since the poster joined the Haim forum just to out the hoax.

2. Rick

Rick Senior User

What are peoples experiences with tattoos and decent writing fonts? I'm thinking about getting "Fortis fortuna adiuvat (or one of the many slight translations)" tattooed on my back or arm.

*bump*

3. outrageous

outrageous METAL MAIDEN

I have a cheap second hand car now, and it is shit. This has all come about because for an idea for my 18th, so I don't want to buy another car thats only a little bit less shit than the one I have now.
    That's why I have gone for the car I have, it's a much better car for the year and price.
    I think I will still buy one, just a non-turbo, there's not much problem in finding one. Just decide what to do with it (either keep or sell, then buy an upgraded version) when it comes to the time I'm off P's. By that time I'll have had it 2 years. I can modify it if I want, respray, wheels etc and see if I feel like selling.
    It's not like the car will be a pile of crap just because there is no turbo, I actually don't mind because I don't want to kill myself, hahaha.

4. Rick

Rick Senior User

Whatever you do, get a manual.

5. Hhhmmm

Hhhmmm I AM THE FIGHTING MAN

100% bullshit.

There is absolutely NO reason to own a manual car now unless you are a professional race driver.

6. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

What if you prefer to drive a manual? I prefer it for the extra control it gives me, sure i'm not racing it but I just prefer it.

Also I feel like i'm actually driving the car instead of just moving a wheel..

What about the fact that its generally a few grand cheaper to buy a manual?
    I think fuel consumption is generally lower too.

7. Hhhmmm

Lol that sounded a bit harsh, thats not what I meant it to be but there ya go.

Personal preference I guess, but I learned in a manual and I still dont understand why someone would make driving, which is effectively a way of making travel easier, more difficult than it has to be by using what is effectively outdated technology. I drive a tiptronic now but the only reason I ever shift it out of auto is to overtake on crappy country roads.

Each to their own maybe, but again, I dont get the whole argument about "driving a manual" rather than "moving a wheel" in an automatic.

8. Rick

Rick Senior User

So basically what you are saying is you don't LIKE driving a manual? You don't spend money and upkeep on something like a Skyline unless you WANT to drive the thing. And driving isn't more difficult in a manual if you are fluent, it's a bunch of simple motions that require little thinking. And why do you think race car drivers use manuals? It means they can control, flog the guts out of, and actually drive the thing. My point originally, was why buy a 'Tuner' if you aren't going to drive the thing. Plus, it's easier to do fully sic burnouts. :lol:

9. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

i didn't read most of this part of the convo, but i'll take a manual anyday because i'm always able to start it after i've run the battery out listneing to metallica and pantera all night while i'm camping

AM I RIGHT METLHEADS!?!? >OL!!!!?!?

10. fire_angel

fire_angel Timboooooo

You should write a survival guide Turner. This isn't the first time i've heard some helpful tips come out of your mouth.

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Yeah I love driving a manual. Even in the auto I have now, I often shift down when I'm going downhill (which is a lot where I live) as I find it saves the brake, especially if you're towing. Since I've had the Falcon I've found myself using the brake a lot more than I did in the manual. The auto definitely has its advantages in heavy traffic though.

Edit: I'll also add that the manual does provide some higher level of control. Auto drivers tend to get pretty lazy without realising that just leaving it in "drive" means that the car's in overdrive all the time, and that's not always where you want to be.

12. Hhhmmm

Exactly, race car drivers use manual because they actually need the added control for acceleration and high speed manuevering, to be quite honest the only reason you would ever buy a commercial manual is if you were gonna be a dickhead in it in the first place like my fucking dickhead cousin (who I beleive I have already mentioned before in this line of conversation. Did I mention he is a dickhead?), in which case gtfo my roads. Unless of course there is some reasonable explaination that I'm missing as to why you would need to "flog the guys out of, and actually drive the thing" on public roads which just fucks off everyone else.

Also: Inb4 I get called an asshole

13. Hhhmmm

Wow this is a compelling argument.

14. Rick

Rick Senior User

Wow.. i guess it comes down to taste. I love driving. Driving an automatic isn't really driving.

(although your ignorance astounds me)
    Whatabout...
    break economy
    fuel economy
    cheaper to buy
    funner to drive
    more control
    etc.

15. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

I've tried to drive manuals in the past and doing it on city roads just drove me insane. When you're surrounded by traffic 90% of the time, give me an auto!

16. Hhhmmm

Fuel economy is a fuckin myth, unless you are an absolute expert driver who focuses on shifting at the exact right moment to maximise fuel efficiency, and arent a dickhead who revs the shit out of it (again, like almost all the manual drivers I know) then yes you will get better fuel efficiency. But then again, for a while my cousin (not the dickhead) and I both had near identical cars (mine was slightly older, and more automatic) and I know for a fact I had far better fuel efficiency in an automatic.

Cheaper to buy is relative, I havent seen anyone driving a cheap manual because I'm pretty sure most of them want a fast car if they are going to get manuals.

More control is a moot point, because on public roads there is no reason to need this "added control", and more fun to drive? Personally I'm not sure how much fun moving a little stick every few minutes is, but I think I'd rather have more time to focus on blasting metal and ya know, actually arriving at the intended destination.

17. Hhhmmm

Yeah this is basically how I feel

18. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Oh. My. God. :guh:

Just heard a short sample of Tarja doing Poison by Alice Cooper.

All I can say is:
    Right way - www.myspace.com/lordtimmusic (I kept it very faithful)
    Wrong way - Tarja sample (What the fuck was she thinking!?)

19. Falkor

Falkor J.B.C.M

Dude Driving automatic or manual is very much a personal preference I think. Obviously you don't like Manual cars..fine whatever. But don't go making blanket stupid statements like 'There is no reason anyone should drive a manual' etc.

Whilst I'm at it,
    1. They do use less fuel its not a myth.. every car company advertises different values on there car for this reason.
    2. They are cheaper, look at the price of any brand new car.. usually a 2-3k different between auto and manual.. more if they use crazy paddle stuff or SMG shit.
    3. How much have you actually driven a manual apart from learning?

20. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan