This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Whoring - random stuff goes here

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Nov 28, 2005.

1. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Haha, I'm sure you will.

Unfortunately, due to such a shitty fucking set time, they played one new one I think.. first track, I didn't recognise it.

2. KoichCPA

KoichCPA Banned

I need a manual for offroad dual gear ranges.

Dual range transmissions on autos are fucking useless. Autos in general are fucking useless for anything but city driving.

Besides, you're like 12 years old and know fuck all about driving

3. Hhhmmm

Hhhmmm I AM THE FIGHTING MAN

And city driving is basically all most people will do. I'm not quite sure why a personal insult would come into this either but go ahead, fire away.

4. KoichCPA

KoichCPA Banned

A 17 year old giving advice on driving is like a 14 year old giving advice on the kama sutra.

5. outrageous

outrageous METAL MAIDEN

Haha, you would be surprised how many 14 year olds these days are utter sluts.
    Doubt they even need the karma sutra.

6. KoichCPA

KoichCPA Banned

Just because you're old enough to do it, doesn't make you experienced enough to give constructive advice about it.

7. Hhhmmm

Experience =/= knowledge, I know people who have been driving for 30+ years who are awful and don't even know the roadcode, let alone anything about cars. Not saying I am an expert, but I have driven both types long enough to know that I don't see a point in manuals in most situations.

Yeah I made some pretty dumb statements so far in this thread, reading back I look like an idiot, so sue me.

8. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Guys, as according to the off-topic rules, I'm gonna let this one play out until things either stop or it crosses the line... but having said that, it'd be nice if we let it all go. :)

9. DirTh

DirTh The Puppet Master

As was the case for the 1st Sydney show and most likely the second. I enjoyed the set none the less, they always put on a good show

Edit: You forgot the (sometimes) really out of place squeal at the end or beginning of the solo. Theres a time and a place for these things Matt

10. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

I think what may have put many people offside was the generalisation you made about manual drivers. I can understand how people like your cousin can seem to make manual drivers seem bad but to construct a stereotype based on one person is like saying all long-haired men should be arrested based on Charles Manson as an example. I think its important to always challenge one´s self to have an open mind - perhaps if you take a fresh look at some of the facts, maybe even try to drive a manual yourself sometime - then perhaps it might shed some light on the issue. Can´t hurt to try, eh?

11. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=313594

Makes me wonder if it's using a variation of the "invisible suit" a Japanese inventor came out with a couple of years ago. Basically he had tiny cameras attached to his body that would take images in front, beside and behind him at all times and then had the images projected onto his body. Effectively (unless you looked really hard) you couldn't see where he was standing

12. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

They did mention 30+ years of experience at both manual and auto.

There are merits for both. Auto transmissions these days (in most good cars) aren't really Auto anymore.

They're more like self shifting manuals anyway. I am an enthusiastic driver, so clearly my argument will always swing to the manual side. But for driving around town, the city, peak hour. etc.... It's stupid to go for a manual.

With these Tiptronic boxes, you get the best of both worlds. But each manufacturers gearbox varies.

On one side you have a hot hatch like a Citroen C2 with it's tiptronic gearbox that is basically a manual. The only thing is, the Clutch is automatic. You can leave it in full auto mode and it will change gears like an auto but it's actually a manual. There is no torque converter and there is no slipping like an Auto. Or put it in manual mode where you use the flappy paddles in front of the steering wheel. But you still have to back off on the throttle a little to get the box working best. It is after all a manual, it just changes gears for you.

Similar gearboxes are in cars like some Alfa Selespeed models.

I'm not referring to things like a Ford Focus that has a full Auto box but you can tell it to shift manually. No, this is still a full auto box. So there are losses in the torque converter and the weight of the thing.

But at the end of the day, I'd still choose a manual. The driving experience is more involved, and offers much better control. Auto boxes still do the thinking for you. So IT decides you need to be in second gear, when you're happy plodding along in third. I hate that! I yet at the car, FUCK OFF! I DIDN'T WANT 2nd!

To say people who can't drive get autos is rubbish. I know two mates that somehow got their license in a manual. This is going to sound typical and made up, but I refuse to get in their car. I will catch a taxi rather than get in when they're driving. It amazes me how they are ever still alive, how they passed their test, how they manage to live every day. They drive a manual, refuse to drive an auto When in reality, they shouldn't be on the road at all.

pipsqeek

13. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I love how Josh can appear out of nowhere and sum up an entire conversation in one sentence.

14. JausmetalJ

JausmetalJ Call Me James

Oh man, How could I forget the divebomb squeal abuse?
    :lol:

The researcher who helped invent the technology, Professor Sir John Pendry, of Imperial College London, said the next step is to make the tanks invisible without the use of cameras and projectors.

"(It) is intricate and complicated, but possible".

Could be interesting.

15. Celestial-Todd

Celestial-Todd The Incredible Bulk

Really we know HOW to make things invisible, but actually doing it is impossible at this time. We only see objects because light reflects off it, if they could find a way to "bend" light around said object, it would appear to not be there at all

16. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Happy Little Boozer

This may be an odd question but did anybody elses internet stop working today? And just start again?

17. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

It must be getting cleaned today.

18. outrageous

outrageous METAL MAIDEN

Ow :(
    I went through so much pain today!

Have so much to sort out before I go away Friday too...

19. Hhhmmm

Yeah, but thats a common occurence over here with out crap ISPs and monopolised infrastructure.

20. pipsqeek

pipsqeek Musical Delinquent

I was about to ask if you live in Australia then... but I saw your location.