This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post your processed bass clips

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by koalamo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. koalamo

koalamo Member

Know that every mix calls for something different but I would like to get a ball park of what y'all are doing for bass. I've read multiple times how important the bass tone is to the overall mix and this is def where I'm falling short

So if it's not too much trouble can you guys post your processed bass tracks and what you did to them, I feel like this could be a huge help just like ermz drum thread

2. Fandus

Fandus Member

Sansamp RBI :D

3. StefTD

StefTD Member

it really depends on what you're after-many guys on here use a distorted basssound with a lot of clank,
    but you can get an awesome mix and great bass sound with a clean bass, too ;) (have the feeling that
    some guys on here think that this is not possible).

Wrong computer, gonna post some proscessed bass clips soon, only have this track here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/835060/music/bassshit1.mp3

just drums and bass, something different, just wanted to try it, but I hope you get what I mean.

The important things are:
    decent bass, new strings and a good player!

if the playing sucks, not tight or whatever, it just kills everything, even with good gear, worked
    hard on my bass playing after I realized that. Tracked a guy once, used a cheap Harley Benton
    bass (but with new strings ;) ) and it was sooo great because he was really good, no problem
    at all to get a good sound that fitted the mix.
    Imho playing tight is almost the most important part for a good basssound, if it's distorted or clean
    more highs or more mids or whatever is more about taste, even a clean di, compressed with a bit
    of eq can sound great in a mix that still sounds cool with a distorted bass.

4. sawtooth

sawtooth Member

The producer edition of Lamb of God's Sacrament has stems you could listen to.

5. topsoul182

topsoul182 Member

squire modified jazz bass > tse bod > Peavey 5150 > swr 4x10 cab > sm 57>compressor

And a low track like 80-200hz Ampeg 8x10 d6 impulse > compressor > limiter

Then bussed to pod farm avalon preamp and compressed again

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1950013/bass.mp3

6. barricade

barricade Giggity Geschmougen

Ltd f405 something bass, one clean track with L1 and SSL Channelstrip (with the BASS preset on it...and a little tweaked :p ) and one track with Sansamp PSA-1.
    ... only mix no master ^.^
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/707864/vov/bassVoV1.mp3