This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pre-production Before VocalRec. Like input about the mix =)

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by nichiz, Jul 21, 2017.

1. nichiz

nichiz Member

Working on a 14 song album with a friend. We are in the stage to soon record vocals. We are in the lyrics writing stage now. I have mix almost all tracks, have some left to record bass.

Im not 100% if the OH is ok or to bright and the snare. What do you guys / girls think? Would be fun to hear others opinion on the mix.

Here's 8 tracks. No vocals. I have masters them also so you can hear final sound. Cheers :kickass::headbang:

2. DIYistkrieg

DIYistkrieg Member

Damn this is cool!!! I definetely wanna hear the finished product with vocals!!!
    The mix's great, love the bass' sound A LOT!!! Maybe I'd turn up the guitars just a touch, expecially when there are "right/left channel only" parts playing, but it's not that necessary after all.
    The OH is a bit harsh, I'd cut some highs on the crashes and hihats only, china sounds perfect (even though I like it panned right and feels strange to hear it coming from the left :D ). I really like the rest of the drums!
    Great job!!! :thumbsup: :headbang::kickass:

3. nichiz

nichiz Member

Yes, The bass is killer. I will look in more with the cymbals when i mix the vocals. I will do some automation later when all is done in the recording phase. We hope to realese the album this summer but we will not rush so maybe in 2-3 month it will be released on Spotify, Bandcamp and more platforms.

4. WalhallaM

WalhallaM Member

I do also like guitar/bass sound , but drums .... not that much ,snare ok,decent ,machine gunned sometime, kick..... only fits on faster double kick part , mayadvice blend in something massive for groove part's and automate it , tom's again machine gunned , and OH ... well I would say you have phase issue with something , room mic , if there are any . Solo it and search or better thing render drums, if you didn't already ,and check tracks.

5. nichiz

nichiz Member

Yeah, something was off with the drums. Was not 100% happy with them so i remix them. Now they fit better with bass and guitars. :D Maybe blend in some samples later on and automate them when i do the final mix and all vocals are recorded.