This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Presonus Studio One Demo.

Discussion in 'Backline' started by jhrv, Aug 21, 2009.

1. jhrv

jhrv Member

Here:

Studio One

You can't bounce down a mix or save a session. :mad:

2. HandsOfDespair

I can't even activate it hahaha. Gives me an error message.

And now I can't even connect on my session on Presonus website, it gives me the same error message.

Looks stable.

EDIT: I rebooted my computer and now it works!

3. jhrv

jhrv Member

Good looking DAW, that's it.

4. HandsOfDespair

Yeah, it looks really incomplete. Am I missing something or there is only 4 kinds of tracks (Mono, Stereo, Instrument, Automation)? No group/folder tracks?

Feels a bit like Cubase with a lot less features and a better looking GUI similar to Adobe Audition.

5. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

Well that's crap, I was hopping something really better for a 1st demo.

6. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

Fuck. Back to saving up for HD1.

7. ahjteam

ahjteam Anssi Tenhunen

how is the ampire?

8. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

I dig the Project page, will make mastering sessions smoother to achieve

9. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

A few things :

- included effects seem ok, their GUI is good imo, look modern. I liked the verb plugin, didn't tweak it a lot though.
    - Ampire suck. At least, for the moment, for what we do us metalheads it's far from what we are used to. It's quite better for other sounds, they emphasized in the 50's -> 2k's philosophy of sounds. I think it lacks some clarity but didn't tweak it more than a few mns. I couldnt have a good disto sound out of my ESP in EMG81. Although I don't already know if it can give you good tones anyway, compared to a Line6 PodFarm or any good impulses, even for clean tones.
    - project page seem cool but didnt get how to import songs in it ? Maybe you can't because you cannot save a song. So basically I guess you can edit different songs at the same time, you can pass from one to the other, and the project page is optimized for mastering, and you should be able to import the songs in it. If I remember well the presonus specs, if you update a song, it's automatically updated in the project page so that you can fix something in the mix quickly without having to bounce and import again etc. But that needs to be checked, though, not 100% sure
    - There is an inspector a bit the Cubase way, on the left, hideable
    - In the mixer, are shown vertically the tracks, and if you wanna add vst, you open a double sided vertical bar where are listed inserts and sends.
    - For the moment no groups, just busses
    - When you send, you can choose "create a new bus" or "fx channel" or you can even send to a sidechain of an existing plugin. I think this may be cool.
    - Coming from Reaper, I personnally think the mixer is quite difficult to get used to. It's not optimized to show a lot of tracks. I'm searching a way to show inserts OVER the track but failed. A cool thing is that you can show/hide every track. You can show/hide every groups like "all fx" or "all busses" or "all tracks".

10. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

When companies make a demo it should really be like Ik's stuff where you get 2 weeks unrestricted and then it just plain doesn't work or starts spitting white noise into everything after 10 seconds.

I hate white noise off the start (Peavey Revalver).

I hate limited use of features (this is the worse, back when I was first starting I wrote of BFD completely because the demo was so bad). Unless it's something like a drum app, but then I want FULL KITS (maybe 2 or something like drumcore).

I hate when everything isn't there to try.