This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Printing?

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by StayStrapped58, Feb 20, 2012.

1. StayStrapped58

StayStrapped58 New Metal Member

I have seen quite a bit of talk about printing sessions to save cpu and sidebussing as well, but i dont quite understand how to do it, and im slightly confused on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated, iim willing to learn anything to help make me a better AE. I'm using Logic Pro 9, Steven Slate's Trigger and a Tascam US-1800 usb 2.0 interface.

2. LuketheDuke

LuketheDuke Storm Trooper

Solo the finalized tracks that you want to print and then bounce/import them. Make sure to "Make Inactive and Hide" the initial tracks so that you can go back to change things if need be.

3. Skinny Viking

Skinny Viking ¯\(°_o)/¯ How do Lydian?

You don't have to bounce/import

You can simply bus your track with all your plugins & automation to a new audio track and just record it

Only thing is you have to do it in real-time obviously.

4. RedDog

RedDog Humanoid typhoon

Definitely a time oriented thing in Reaper. Setting the fuction to "Record output" does wonders to save cpu, at the expense of you wanting to kill yourself hearing your unfinished mix. Take your fucking time to do it right.

5. dadsprinting

dadsprinting New Metal Member

With the help of Logic Pro 9 printing software, you can use the Bounce function (Command+B) to bounce. The bounce function bounces whatever happens inside your locators (cycle range) in the Tracks area.