This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Producing Just For Fun. :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Branden Giraudy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Branden Giraudy

Branden Giraudy Slap Chop Master

Hey guys! Even though I haven't posted much, I've been on this site for a long while. I'm 17 years old and I'm producing music as a hobby for now, until I go to school for music production. My graduation is tomorrow, so I'll have more than enough time to turn this production hobby into a career (hopefully).

Please, if there's anything wrong with my production, help me become a better producer.

Thanks for any criticisms! :D

Edit: ALSO! The clips on the Facebook page are obviously from newest to oldest, so I included my most recent production and the very first recording I've ever done. Thanks a lot guys!

2. shaggysi0

shaggysi0 Darkened Dreams Studios

For fun is exactly why you should be doing it! If you don't enjoy it what's the point :)

Have yet to check out your facebook page but checked out the breakdown. I like breakdown stuff so I thought it was pretty cool. Mix sounded pretty good. You might want to edit the guitars to grid just to tighten them up. Not that they are horrifically out - but it would make it sound even more killer.

Might help to say what gear you are recording/producing with too. Are you using Superior Drummer, POD Farm, Slate Samples any of that sort of stuff.

3. Branden Giraudy

I'm currently using POD Farm 2 to record guitars and bass. I'm considering trying out Lecto to mix both of them to see what I come up with. Hehe. :3

As for the tightness editing, I'm really a fan of that "live sound" so I don't really edit guitars to perfection even though I should. Haha. For this band I'm recording, I'll definitely do it.

The drums are a mixture of various layered samples I've found all over this forum. The snare is a sample I personally recorded, layered over the real snare drums. Added distortion to the snares for a crispy feeling.

Vocals, which aren't in any of the clips, are recording using BLUE microphones and an Audio-Technica.

All the mixing, EQing, and mastering is all personal preference. :p

Oh, forgot to mention: Recording program= Logic Pro.

4. Seth Munson

Seth Munson How do Amber Lamps?

You're an Asking Alexandria a fan, yes?

5. Branden Giraudy

Eh, not really. Most of the generic stuff was played by my buddy. I think he is.

But other than that, is there anything you think I should improve on, Seth?

6. Sixstringmayhem

lol i thought the same thing when i heard it.
    Lower the guitars a bit, along with the gain, and sounds like the guitars a bit out of tune