This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProgPower USA XIII - Magazine and CD Sampler - Comments/Thoughts?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Claus / Intromental, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Jen & I would really like to thank Tess for all her hard work. She really came through this year in getting things done. :D

2. nailz

nailz Member

Mine is still sitting in my bag as yet untouched. I can't wait to read the interviews though!

3. DADRocks

DADRocks Member

I usually wait a couple weeks before reading the book, once the feeling of really missing the festival sinks in. I'm sure it's great as always.

4. delainnation

delainnation Member

You guys did a great job again as usual. I love the interviews by Milton and I was proud to see Delain on the sampler. The greatest thing that I loved was seeing my friends of Siren's Cry on the sampler and also their ad in the magazine. I would really like to see them play the fest one year. Those guys are so sweet and AWESOME!!!!!

5. Tess

Tess Member

Thanks all! I really enjoyed pinch-hitting this year!
    I am slowly getting through some of the interviews too. Thanks Milton & Zod for those - I LOVE reading them.

Start getting your songs and ads ready for next year ... we will be knocking on your door soon!

6. seh750

seh750 Member

As I mentioned in an unrelated thread, I particularly enjoyed the interviews this year. Read all of them back-to-back on the flight home while listening to tunes from the band in question. Not sure exactly why but they kept my attention more than in past years, although I always read them.

Only have one spin through the CDs so far and found some things I like and some that were so-so. Will definitely be listening more, just haven't had a chance. The live track from Mob Rules from last year's show was a nice touch.

7. lane_miller

lane_miller Space Ghost

I had a six hour drive home on Sunday, so I had plenty of time to listen to the sampler. To me this is the best collection of new material yet. I have already bought some of the new releases as a result of the sampler. Also, I got on a plane to China on Monday which allowed me

to pour into the mag. Always a great read. Thanks to everyone who pull the magazine and sampler together!

8. Barrister

Barrister Member

During my long drive back to PA, I listened to all 3 of the CDs. There's some great stuff on there and definitely some bands that I will pursue and buy their stuff. I've only yet read a handful of the interviews but so far they are fascinating and much better than most others I've seen. Great job to everyone involved! This was my first PPUSA and I loved it.

9. Justin G

Justin G Member

Both the program and the sampler are really well put together. I've enjoyed reading the interviews, even with the bands I don't follow, and am surprised at how good most of the bands on the sampler are. I mean, there are a couple of major duds, but overall there are some good songs there.

10. MEGALOUD

MEGALOUD The Nightmare Has Begun..

Minneapolis/St. Paul,MN (The Twin Cities)
    THIS! Thank you goodnight.

By the way.... LISTEN to all the indie bands on the sampler, two are new Nightmare signings that I haven't announced yet, can you guess which ones?

11. zinescene

zinescene Member

I was unfortunately not able to attend. Are there CD's/Magazines left and if so how much would it cost to get one?

Thanks!

John

12. Claus / Intromental

Claus / Intromental 20 years of uniting the powers of metal

John,
    we;re sending out mags/CD's to bands tomorrow. If there are any left, I might be able to help you - shoot me an email (claus at intromental dot com).
    c.

13. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

"The start of the week means its time to find out about new metal bands with our "Unearthing the Metal Underground" column. This week we take a look at three bands discovered through the ProgPower USA festival - Draekon, Seven Kingdoms, and Siren's Cry. Take a look and let us know what you think of these bands!"

All 3 bands appear on the 3 disc sampler

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=85245

~Jen

14. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

I always look forward to the interviews and sampler disks. I thought the magazine was excellent, as always. Milton and Greg do a spectacular job with the interviews. The sampler disks were good, but I had some familiarity with quite a few of the bands this year. As a result, I had fewer "Eureka!" moments.

15. SkiBumMSP

SkiBumMSP Member

Last night, I downloaded their Guardian Angel album off of eMusic. Holy shit, that album is just sick! Those guys are indeed very good and sure impressed the hell out of me!