This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProgPower USA XVI Roster

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by miel, Sep 12, 2014.

1. nailz

nailz Member

I have a feeling this is going to be a theme for you over the next year. :lol:

2. OrbWeaver

OrbWeaver BECAUSE FALCONER

I am not nearly as bummed at the end of this ProgPower BECAUSE FALCONER!!!

;)

Man, I get to see Falconer AND fuckin' Dragonland in the same weekend. I am so fucking stoked I can't even handle it.

3. Havermout

Havermout Focused

Riverside AND Anethema? not the kind of bands i'd expected both on the roster knowing Glenn's taste, especially Anathema as headliner.
    Next year's line-up marks my taste and mix of bands for a complete festival.....don't be surprised if i show up :kickass:

it's been too long....

H.

4. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

This is easily the best line up in ten years. Helker, Dynazty, Anubis Gate, Voyager, Morgana Lafey, Riverside and Angra with Fabio.

5. DarkOne

DarkOne Black Belt in Sarcasm

All of which means that Zod may break his own personal fest record and spend at least a total of 3 whole hours listening to live music rather than at the bar.

Steve in Philly

6. DuchessOfDork

DuchessOfDork Member

FINALLY. A Prog Power I can go to because my husband will go, too!!

7. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

Another great lineup as usual. I'm not as familiar with a few of the bands, but that just means I have some investigating to do. Angra, Hibria, Anubis Gate, Voyager, Falconer, Royal Hunt are all serious wins for me!

It really wouldn't matter so much who was playing either way, I'd be there just to support Glenn and the festival and to have fun.

8. steelreign

steelreign Member

Holy shit!! This is the best show in ten years... and HIBRIA!! I offered to sponsor them like 7 years ago to no avail because of visa issues. SO STOKED!!! And HELKER will have the same effect PAGAN'S MIND had on unfamiliar people the first time they played. Awesome!!!

9. PureXul

PureXul Member

Riverside has played the fest before (to a good reaction IIRC) and Glenn has been a pretty vocal Anathema fan. Having seen them live, I'm excited to see them again and think they'll get a great reaction, although following the energy of the power metal fans going crazy for Falconer could be a bit tough.

All in all, it's a really strong lineup and actually a lot bigger than I was expecting given Glenn's comments about not being able to top this year. Falconer is huge, Anathema is a big name that could draw from outside the usual fanbase, and "Holy Land" and "Paradox" are both classics in the genre. Maybe not quite as amazing as this year's special sets, but on paper, the line up is probably top three in ProgPower's history. I was honestly surprised that there was only one band I'm not familiar with - Helker - and I liked what I was hearing from the sample. Friday is a top-to-bottom great night that could rival this year's Friday night for my personal tastes.

10. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Hard to decided whether this year or next year's is better. Solid lineup. Best part is most of the bands playing next year I'm familiar with, moreso than any other. Again, it's going to be hard to find a dinner break next year.

11. Bryant

Bryant Mr. Sleepy

This band could really be one of those "magic" bands given their style, like we had with Brainstorm and Tad Morose, if they bring their "A game."

Bryant

12. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

I've already started to do my homework for this year's lineup. The mega Spotify playlist with every song from every band has already been created, and as soon as my wallet charges back up, I'll be getting Holy Land and Paradox.

13. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Next years lineup is pretty much a mystery to me. I'm familiar with all of the bands to an extent, but mainly the only ones I listen to are all earlier in the night.
    Hibria is a nice snag for the opening act.
    Anubis Gate...killer!
    Morgana Lefay...killer! Hope its a reunion of the split factions, but that's probly a pipe dream
    Voyager is a mystery band to me. I didn't care for them last time, but then again was not familiar with any of their material. This time I have the 2 recent cd's to dig into for a year.
    Falconer & Anathema I could care less about, but seeing as they are both popular, good for Glenn to snag these bands.

Saturday:
    Helker...awesome!
    Persefone- unfamiliar with this band....
    Dynazty- unfamiliar with them but liked what I heard
    Riverside- I have a few of their discs...not sure how it will translate live
    Royal Hunt- time for dinner!
    Angra- Holy Land!!! It would be great if Edu steps on stage with them...better yet Matos comes back, but Leone does a fine job either way.

Thursday- Almah excites me, but this might be the 1st year we skip Thursday. I'll give all bands a further listen and hope it hits me. DC Cooper seemed a bit underwhelming to the crowd.

Regardless, congrats to Glenn Jen and Nathan! We all know how hard you work to put this shit together, so I hope for a great success! It will be impossible to top 2014 and I'm glad you didn't try to top it. You just went about your business and got shit done! As always, we appreciate you more than you know.

See you in 2015!

14. compurocker

compurocker rocking out

15. Ralf Walter

Ralf Walter Member

It just gets better and better. \,,/

16. TychoCelchu

TychoCelchu Member

Persefone is so awesome

17. Formerly known as Chris F5

Its exactly the style that will blow the top off the place,and seeing them twice in Chicago back to back years I doubt they have anything less than an A game

18. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

ANETHEMA - No they are not Prog or Power but an emotional epic show they will provide... My #1 band I want to see anywhere right now. To see this band at this festival in this environment will be one of the most special shows I will ever see. Thank you Glenn for making this happen!

19. Smc316

Smc316 Resident

When does the Wednesday lineup usually get announced? As well as specific set times for the main days? I seem to recall both those things being available before tickets went on sale for this year's fest.