This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Program book

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by CrimsonEmotions, Oct 8, 2007.

1. CrimsonEmotions

Is the program book for PPVIII not one of the coolest things you've ever seen? The interviews were great, especially in the updating to reflect band changes.

However, I really enjoyed Glenn's commentary, which showed just how much effort and headaches he had faced in putting together this thing.

Great job all the way around everyone. That easily would have been worth $10-20 at other shows, but the fact that we get this book (with all the ensuring effort involved) for free is a sign of just how much care was put into many aspects of this festival

2. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

Hey Crimson, many thanks for the kudos on the interviews.

Glenn's commentary is always one of my highlights. That man has a way with words.

Frankly, everything about ProgPower USA is first-rate. Have you checked out the sample CD(s) yet? Wow. Great stuff on there.

Glenn does nothing half-assed. Right down to the booklet -- which Deron put together, I believe -- it's first class all the way.

3. Photino Decay

Photino Decay Quantum Superposition

Hmm... I never got one. Where we we supposed to get them from?

4. The Fiddler

The Fiddler Just Do It.

+1. Bill's interviews always make the plane trip home go much faster. First reads were with Floor and Ralf, and got into David's interview as the plane landed. The program is just slick all around, including the design and print quality. Kudos to Deron for that. The program has come a long, long way! :headbang:

5. The Fiddler

The Fiddler Just Do It.

They are available Friday and are included in the vendor bags being handed out at the doors that include the ProgPower sampler discs and other promotional materials from vendors and bands (e.g. stickers, promo discs). The programs are all gone by the end of Friday's gig.

6. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal Shroud of Bereavement

+1....my CD player decided not to cooperate with me on the plane, but fortunately i had the program easily accessible, so spent the majority of the flights home reading that....still not done, either! those are some long interviews!

7. MetalAges

MetalAges Metal Is As Metal Does.
    Staff Member

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Crimson, please get with me next year at the door table, I'll cut you a SWEET deal for only $5 per program. :D

Bill thanks for the interviews! They're a bitch to edit down though, sheesh! Haha - don't forget you can go to Bill's site for the complete un-chopped interviews including interviews with the bands. I hope to work them into the new ProgPower site as well in the near future.

8. PurpleCrayonWriter

PurpleCrayonWriter Just a Kid at Heart

Yeah, I know they're a pain. (My wife, Elisabeth, tells me that every year when she has to transcribe them) But, hey, if they weren't so lengthy and in-depth they just wouldn't be up to ProgPower standards, now would they? Thanks for working your magic on my interviews to make them all fit into the Program Book.

You do nice work, Deron. I'm looking forward to seeing the new ProgPower web site.

Bill

9. biggs0072000

biggs0072000 Who drops crackers?

I also must attest to the awesomeness of the ProgPower Program. Last year was my first year attending, and finding the progra as a huge treat for me in the vender's bad. Bill's interview skills can't be beat.

10. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Someone took mine the first day I had it. Never got to read anything and couldn't find another. I usually love reading it on the flight home. Eases the pain. First year in five I don't have a program. :cry:
    Anyone got an extra copy?

11. MetalAges

MetalAges Metal Is As Metal Does.
    Staff Member

I usually have extra copies, but unfortunately, my take home stash was invaded and now I do not have extras worth speaking of :(