This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Promote your gig here (FORUM REGULARS ONLY)

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Sep 20, 2002.

1. LegionsOfTheDead

This friday in Melbourne!!

[​IMG]

2. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

For those in Canberra...or those wanting to drive
    Saturday
    Jan 9
    The Basement
    Cohen St
    Belconnen ACT

[​IMG]

3. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

cool, will be there, Tali.

have some stuff to give you guys.

4. matt2006

matt2006 Member

My folk metal band Troldhaugen (also featuring the highly esteemed 'Doesy' from the Lord forums on mandolin) will be making out debut live appearance on Sat 23rd. Promises to be both epic and Nordic, so how can you go wrong with that? (not to mention the most metal band of all time, METAL, will be playing).

[​IMG]

5. Doesy

Doesy Fatal If Swallowed

What a gig! Who could pass that up!?!

6. metal evilution

metal evilution Davestorm

DARKER HALF will be performing a very special headlining set full of surprises both sound and sight wise at The Wall (formerly the Bald Faced Stag) on Friday March 5th.This is their first show of the year and following on from such a successful 2009 the guys will be pulling out all stops to make 2010 even bigger!!

Special guests for this show are SOBRUSION from Wagga who will be launching their brand new album on the night as well as early spots by possibly the most Metal band ever to exist who funnily enough go under the name METAL and those thrashing maniacs BLACK REIGN.

Also fellow Aussie Metal supporters Mystic Metal have just launched their new website and this show will be a celebration for their new layout. Come join the party!!

Plenty of reasons to not miss this! Oh and it's only $10!!! too fucking cool eh?:worship:

[​IMG]

7. Ralphe

Ralphe Go the ROOSTERS!

hopefully will make it to this gig!football season will have started by then so i need to work out when the Roosters play.I f they are playing i might come after the game!

8. Trephinator

Trephinator The Mongrel

You'll be right - it's the weekend before the season starts :)

Roosters open up 14 March against the Bunnies (hope they win too)

I'll try and make it to this - solid line up if I do say so myself :)

9. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

Haha Dan is the wizard when it comes to league!

10. Zen

Zen Vows In Ashes...

Make sure you get there early enough to see Sobrusion, their new stuff is fucking killer and the album is beyond amazing... Especially for a band out of this shithole!

11. Shadow298

Shadow298 UNLEASH THE GUAN

loved their last album and really want to hear their new stuff.

great guys and fucking tops band.

Dave: you need to get Darker Half and Sobrusion down to Canberra for a show!
    such a combo of talent is Godly! :worship: :headbang:

12. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I can't bring myself to refer to a place I'm likely to frequent as "The Wall".

13. Coma1

Coma1 Member

[​IMG]

After more than a year off from organizing shows due to university commitments, I am back, ready and raring to go for a brand new year of metal in Wagga Wagga. What I hope to bring this year to the scene is the same I always have, high quality regional bands, top Australian talent, and where possible, international talent!

So let everyone know that "Heavy at Home" is back for a new year, and a big lineup for the reunion show is going to be announced soon!

I am proud to announce the first band on the bill will be something new and very unique for a Heavy at Home concert! Utilizing a combination of atmospheric drumming, melancholic tones and experimental rhythms, this band delivers and eclectic combination of drone, post rock, black metal and progressive elements, noting key influences such as Agalloch, Cult of Luna, Parhelia and Wolves in the Throne Room. I am proud to announce 'Tranquil Deception' as part of this special comeback event!

Want more about the band? Check out the myspace; http://www.myspace.com/tranquildeceptionband

The second band on the bill needs no introduction to Wagga Wagga audiences. I of course am talking about Leicohtica. Having been a staple of the Wagga metal diet now for six years this gig represents a major shift in the dynamic of the band.

This will be guitarist Rhys Mottley's farewell show from the group. The band will be playing tracks spanning the length of time that Rhys has been with us and will be a fitting farewell to a longtime friend who we all wish the best of luck to in his future endeavors at ANU!

Want more about the band? Check out the myspace; http://www.myspace.com/leicohtica OR
    http://www.leicohtica.org

SoulTremor originated in early-2007 as an unnamed, unknown idea brewing in the mind of guitarist / vocalist Matt Graham, who wished to form a metal band with its roots in old-school thrash music, but with a technical and progressive edge that was uncommon in the live scene. He found a kinship in lead guitarist Rohan Macdonald, and together they started honing and crafting the music style that ran deep within them. After nearly a year of endless and frustrating searching for quality musicians to suit the intensity and complexity of their desired sound they came across Matt Lloyd - drummer extraordinaire - who's love for metal and amazing ability helped solidify the line - up, and the final piece to the puzzle Allan Swaffield, a wise musician from Wagga (an Ex: Leicohtica guitarist) with an incredible work ethic and just as much hair on his head has proven to be the ONLY source of brutal bass lines to forge out of this band allowing them to take their music to the live scene.

The next wave is here.

Want more about the band? Check out the myspace; http://www.myspace.com/soultremorband

Hope top see some of you there, and let others know at this link... http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=273856773850&ref=ts

14. metal evilution

[​IMG]

Sydney.

[​IMG]

Canberra.

Get along to one!!!:kickass

15. metal evilution

How does 7 bands on one day/night for free sound?
    Pretty good don't it?
    So here you have it:
    Firstly an all ages free event at Utopia Records with:

[​IMG]

and then a few hours later across the road at the Lansdowne for the over 18's only you get:

[​IMG]

Oh Metal Evilution you've done it again.:)

16. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Hell Itself needs to rationalise their logo.

17. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Totally agree. I read that as per most metal logos and I get "Heutseh".

18. Spikes Red

Spikes Red Member

If I can't read them at first glance, I often overlook them. Sad but true.

19. LegionsOfTheDead

Kinda unrelated to everything but I guess this is promo for a "gig"...

I've been given the task of organising a cover band for an afterparty. The afterparty is for quite a large show in Sydney next SUNDAY the 28th... I can't say anymore than that until this is all official but I'm sure you can figure it out...

There's gonna be 2 sets. Heavy (Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, Metallica, Machine Head) and 80's cock rock (Motley Crue, Gunners, Maiden, ACDC)

And we need a singer for the cock rock set. Anyone that's interested PLEASE get in touch. I know I've only got a week but I seriously found out about this YESTERDAY.. I thought this place would have enough fans of this kinda music that someone would be keen for it!

It's pretty much a guarantee that the guys from the bands who've requested this cover band will be present at the afterparty, so it should be pretty massive. Please message me if you're interested!

20. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Hahah. Cool. I would love to give this a try, but really don't think I could actually make it.