This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PROPHECY! PROPHECY!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by dcowboys311, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Best power metal set since Sabaton.

2. Tommy3328

Tommy3328 Member

Incredible, all I hoped for!

3. templeofmax

templeofmax Member

Best power metal since.....well this is what power metal should be

4. ratanda

ratanda Member

Awesome show. Good, honest, straight forward metal. I was expecting something symphonic based on the name, but was very, very pleased to get some in-you-face metal!

5. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

He had sexy leather pants and sweet hat. Not unlike Pretty Maids eh? Ha ha. They ruled as expected.

6. Pabla

Pabla The Devil Wears Maiden

I guess we have a lot of fashion police going on here :devil:

I'd say that along with Pretty Maids, they had the most energetic show of the weekend.

It was great to see Markus from Symphorce too :D

7. TribunalRecords

I was just commenting on DC's statement in the Pretty Maids thread. Funny how Mystic Prophecy could be all dolled up for the gig, but Pretty Maids apparently shop at Hot Topic. ;)

8. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

I thought they were a catastrophe and walked out after the first song....

Just kidding....they frickin' slayed. As much as I love my prog, I also love to get my face melted by pure heavy metal with energy....a great set...

9. labrekk

labrekk Member

They were the second reason that made me attend my 1st PP this year and they ruled. My fave song: Hail! The Ra-Ven-Lord!!! They played a good mix of speedy songs and mid-paced ones. My only little complain: why does every time a song went fast with speedy double-bass the bassist had to go to his mic and do the very same growling vocal fill?

R.D. Liapakis is also a very cool dude to chat with. I'm glad I found the last copy of his side band's album (Devil's Train-s/t) at the CD Inzane booth. This is one of my fave 2012 albums so far.

10. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Heh...
    The two aren't even comparable and you know it!

11. TribunalRecords

They actually are, and you know it. But because one band play ballads and one plays "dark and evil" power metal one is acceptable to you and one is not. it's cool, but i just want you to see the hypocrisy of your original criticism. I love both bands, but they are both doing same thing visually....selling themselves to their fans. both bands are extremely professional on stage and it's nice to see a band care about themselves enough to know how to look and move about the stage to entertain.

12. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Ok, I'll satisfy your undying thirst for a pissing contest this once, any more and we can take it to PMs.

I was looking forward to a Pretty Maids a lot more than I was Mystic Prophecy, mostly because even though I was mostly unfamiliar with Pretty Maids except for two records, I was mostly unfamiliar with Mystic Prophecy except for one or two songs. Had no clue about the 'dark and evil' shtick. And as I've said, for the fourth time now, Pretty Maids had a good set, but I do not think the visual thing was done well. I get what they're doing, Cpt. Obvious, I just don't think they did a good job at it. End of story.

Tell me more about what I like and why I like it. At least I give reasons for why I think something was done badly instead of 'guys this was not good but I won't say why!!!'

13. The Invisible Guest

I've always held these guys in high regard, and have been pushing for them to play the fest for about a decade. The stars finally aligned for them to play PP, and they hit the ball out of the park. What great energy .. extremely pleased to finally see them. They delivered !!

Britt

14. oldboy

oldboy Member

One of my favorites for the weekend

15. TribunalRecords

Can you really blame me for not saying why i didn't like Kingcrow after the war against me erupted last year on the board for simply voicing semi-negative opinions? i am not an idiot and i surely don't do the same thing twice. I can gladly tell anyone why i thought Kingcrow were bad privately, but i am not putting it here. Also, haven't you ever heard the phrase "when I want your opinion, I will give it you!" ? hahahahaha.

16. Andir

Andir Member

I loved their performance. One of the top 3 for me. Of course, I am very biased..

If you like R.D.'s voice (MP singer) and you like 'dirty' old school metal, he told me he is in another band called Devil's Train. They sound very cool.

Here are a couple videos.

#16 Andir, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. labrekk

labrekk Member

Devil's Train rocks! I'm glad to have found the CD at the CD Inzane booth...

18. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

Everything R.D. touches is golden, even the stuff he just produces or mixes, like Casus Belli and Inner Wish. His Valley's Eve stuff was really cool too. I'll have to pick up the Devil's Train sometime soon.

19. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

The war you were referencing was a direct result of you acting like a total asshole with your insulting comments on multiple occasions and being called out for it. It had nothing to do with a simple negative opinion of a band.

It's one thing to be the self-proclaimed Negative Champion of this forum. It's another to be simply be a jerk and cross the line on more than one occasion with insulting posts that go way further than simply disagreeing. There is not a single other poster on this forum that I have an issue with. That says a lot about your personality.

Consider this your final warning. Keep your posts civil or you are gone permanently. I don't care if you attend another festival, tell the world I'm a dick on other forums, or contribute as a vendor/partner. I will not read or respond to an email or private message from you.

Thread closed and there will be no response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.