This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pull The Chain (Belgium)

Discussion in 'Eden's Fall - Reviews' started by Eden's Fall, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Eden's Fall

Eden's Fall METAL

Review from:

http://www.pullthechain.be/

EDEN’S FALL
    Harmony of Lies

Self Released / Nothingheart Records

Mixed by Dan (Edge of Sanity) Swanö at Unisound, mastered by James (Testament) Murphy in Florida, this Chicago based act left no stone unturned when it’s to prepare their first attack. Eden’s Fall play an interesting modern blend of technical epic heavy metal with a huge touch of thrash metal. Most of the songs are very melodic but there is also lots of aggression here. You can hear influences of everything from Omen (just listen to the epic «Lost Again» for instance) or Maiden to Metal Church, Iced Earth or even Griffin. Eden’s Fall main success is for my opinion to perfectly know how to vary both tempo and atmospheres in order to make the fast thrash orientated sections extremely potent (this is also perhaps why Violence came to mind here and there) and the slower ones epic and dark (Warlord). The only real problem that I can find with «Harmony of Lies» is the vocals. Of course this is a personal point of view but most of the songs recorded here should benefit of a more ‘common’ death metal approach. I have never been very keen on this Bruce Dickinson shouted style of vocals and I’d like it a whole lot more with death growls (unfortunately only used as background here). As said, just a question of taste and «Harmony of Lies» is still a very good album that shall delight a huge array of nowadays metal listeners.