This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quality of the forum improved?

Discussion in 'Opeth (Archived)' started by Carta's, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Towards the Great Sky

yeah the forum was definitely trolling during the release of watershed. IMO the forum has improved greatly since then. when i check this forum almost daily i can see which members are here to stay and not just linger around during a release and move onto to some new band.

2. daliup

daliup Member

SHIT THREAD!

SHIT REPLY!

SHIT REPLY!

SHIT REPLY!

SHIT REPLY!

SHIT REPLY!

SHIT

SHITTIER

RANDOM SHIT

DICK

FKING BEST REPLY! WIN!

3. Noel

Noel Mexican Member

SHIT USER

4. Arjen W.

Arjen W. Member

Yeah, I agree Carta's, although I haven't really thought about it. I've also spent less time on the main forum and more on the Non-Opeth board. I remember being totally fed up with shit posts/threads the period surrounding the Watershed release. I also remember something similar happening with Ghost Reveries but I can't really recall it anymore. There's only so much to say about Opeth when they're not releasing cd's etc., so the regs move to the Non-Opeth board I guess.

The 'atmosphere' on the Non-Opeth board is quite good I think, except some mud throwing now and then (and the Vuashke shit right now, haha). I don't post that much but I surely enjoy reading the topics over there and getting to know new great music as always.

5. Slayer101

Slayer101 Member

6. daliup

daliup Member

Oh no yo didn't blud!

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: SHIT BOARD! Font size is too small!

7. BefriendedUnit

BefriendedUnit They wear white for me

Good post Carta's, and thanks for the shout out. I'm definitely not new - I posted a ton before you were as active, and then stopped altogether because I couldn't stand the "turd pile" after Watershed came out. When I checked in a month later, BEHOLD, things were back to normal. So that's why I maybe look a bit newer now, or maybe it's the use of the same avatar for a long period of time (usually people remember a user better that way).

The thing that makes any forum good is a sense of camaraderie between the members, even if they don't know each other IRL. It's impossible to compile a list but I can definitely thank Necropeth, Carta's, even Lucifuge who I had a bitchfight with early in his posting career for making this feel like a real forum and not a... shitstain guestbook.

8. Arjen W.

Arjen W. Member

I might reconsider regarding the main board, seeing the first page of this thread already filled with crap... :rolleyes:

9. CorpseDeception

CorpseDeception Valar Morghulis

Things don't have to be sugar coated but people don't have to be rude for the sake of it, either. This forum has never been one of my favorites, but it does have its "ups". Unfortunately, even at the best of times the "downs" seem to equal the "ups". I am glad, though, that the second post in every thread isn't "shit thread" or something similar.

10. JemGaarenstroom

lol agreed

11. Nasty-Fire

Nasty-Fire Discursion

The Opeth forum is such more interesting than other band forums... (though I haven't seen 'em all)

12. Ozzloaf

Ozzloaf Art Geek

OMG Lucifuge, you're the only one that still cares about the fucking polls. IT'S ALMOST OVER. :err:

13. in_my_time_of_disease

in_my_time_of_disease Whipping Post

This forum will always go up and down, it's somewhere in the middle atm. Non>>>opeth forum. There is WAY more people who have stepped out of the MTEULL box and the average IQ level is leaps and bounds ahead. But yeah don't you all go reading this and try step out, just read the non, dl the music we are listening to, expand musical knowledge/english skills, then don't embarrass yourself. Then agree with the majority of posts till you build enough post points so you become TROO and can have an opinion. Yes this the way it has gone and will always go. Most of us have all gone through this stage, and wtf is with all the nfu mention. Christ people worship that user. And yes I'm drunk ;).

14. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Towards the Great Sky

lol, u may be drunk but i agree with what ur saying. the non opeth forum has supplied me with enough bands to discover and listen to for a long time.

and yes, wtf is with all the nfu comments? IMO nfu was a smart guy but was also a prick.

15. Frosties

Frosties Blind @ heart

I don't think the forums improved - I mean, how much talk of Deathspell Omega can one forum have?????

.... seriously, this forum has been doing better lately, but that's expected. I think the reason that it was so shitty a few months (a year?) ago was because of the release of Watershed, which for some unknown reason, somehow beckoned the shitty posters to this board. But that was expected - which is why I actually thought that "the powers that be" should close the forum for a little while, like when GR was released.
    But it seems like we've crossed that hump, and things are looking up. And at the risk of sounding new-age-y and hippie, let's try to keep this positivity going for a while and things may even GET BETTER!!

16. in_my_time_of_disease

You can never enough dso talk. Nar I know your not the dso man, but surely it's more interesting than a Slipknot or a Disturbed thread.

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Cynical.

I used to post here quite often. There used to be things to post, in topics worth posting in, with the chance of having a wothwhile post in response. That don't happen too often anymore though, aye Clyde.

18. Vivören

Vivören New Metal Member

BANANA!!!!!!!

19. Mr Samsara

Mr Samsara Misanthropic Moderator

heh that thread linked in the OP was quite a flashback. I was a bit on edge at that time.....

"It's clearly the fault of the moderator." rofl

20. in_my_time_of_disease

Just read through the "popularity of the forum" thread again. I remember reading it and not wanting to post in it but it has some pretty funny posts, especially on page 2, like this one by i aint play this...
    :lol: