This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Queensryche In Sydney

Discussion in 'LORD' started by ImprintedLife, Jul 10, 2006.

1. FerretallicA

FerretallicA HMAS Slagdestroyer

Having seen the prominent role "I'm American" played in their set list I can see why they haven't booked any dates in North Korea or Afghanistan.

2. Wenda

Wenda Lady LORD

Here's a post-by-phone from Tim:

"Sitting here dictating this over the phone from our hotel room in Brisbane. I had a very quick chance to scan through the board on the way to the airport this morning, but haven't had much of a chance to see what people have said yet.

"Melbourne was... interesting. As with all shows, it was very stressful from everyone's point of view (both our crew and theirs, getting gear set up and arranged and that kind of thing). But it's not usually quite half as stressful as that show, from 2 minutes into the performance onwards. In 16 years of playing live, I've only ever broken a string twice on stage. Now I can add a third time, possibly the worst possible time, in the solo of the first song of the first show on a tour with Queensryche.

"The unfortunate thing about touring the way that we do, we can't afford to take backup instruments with us because the excess baggage costs are just way too high, so if something happens then we're stuck with it whether we like it or not. Thankfully in Melbourne we had a killer crew - my guitar tech Richie (Moose) totally saved the day, repairing the string and getting my guitar back. Unfortunately by the time he gave it back one of the other strings had slipped out of tune really badly, so it was back to get that one fixed; finally got my guitar back for the last two songs of the set. By that time the sound on stage was pretty bad because the foldback engineer was trying to compensate for all of the changes.

"In short, it was a horror start to this tour for me and a baptism of fire for the other guys. However, Mav really stepped up to the plate and took over when all seemed lost! The response we got from the crowd was, ah, good from a select, few but overall fairly lukewarm. Fairly reminiscent of the final Megadeth show that we did with Dungeon in Melbourne.

"So, we left Melbourne feeling fairly disappointed.

"Sydney, on the other hand, was a vastly different experience. This time, with new strings and a lot more time to set up and make sure our sound was right before we went on stage, things flowed a lot easier. As with these sort of gigs, we had no soundcheck, but we at least had a chance to set our things up on stage so at least that was one thing.

"I have to say a big CHEERS to the crowd who were behind us from the first song to the last song and made us feel very welcome. I hate to say it, but Melbourne got own3d. After that was Queensryche, and finally we got a chance to see them properly and they were incredible. I've waited 20 years to see them play stuff from Rage for Order live, and they didn't disappoint. Geoff's voice is incredile - his lower register especially gave me goosebumps.

"As if the night couldn't get any better, we met the band and had our memorabilia signed, and they turned out to be the most awesome, nicest people you could ever meet. And that goes double for Pamela Moore, who is the most beautiful woman I've met since Doro. All in all, a top night.

"So the next day we headed for the airport, flying to Sunny Brisbane and actually running into Queensryche and their crew again at the airport, and getting ready for another killer gig tonight. Hope to see you all there and hopefully tonight will go as great as last night (which it should, because Brisbane rarely disappoints)!

"See you all there, those who are going, and the rest of you when I get home and see you on the forum!"

:)

3. Stormster

Stormster Somewhere Far Beyond

Thats really nice of the both of you posting something like what i just read. Shows that you care about your fans. You's could have waited until tommorow to post it but you posted it now instead, awesome. Thanks.

4. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

I will say that Tate sounded much better than I've heard of him on live recordings from the last few years. But he looks so different now to what he used to be like. If he hadn't been singing when I first walked in, I wouldn't have known who he was.

5. Awake_In_Animosity

Awake_In_Animosity Fearing a Blank Planet

I possibly had the best birthday possible yesterday! LORD were great last night, I dont know what it was but everything just to be spot on! Oh and LT Mav owned your ass last night! ;)

Queensryche were amazing, I was even more impessed with the OM2 stuff after seeing it live. This would have to be one of the best gigs I have ever been to. I wasnt sure what to expect but they delivered far more that I could possibly imagine. Tate was outstanding, he sure has filled out but his voice was prefect. And what a way to finish the show, it doesnt get much better than that.

Good see all of you guys at Bar Ace before hand too ;)

6. -Kalmah-

-Kalmah- Salon Korpiklaani

They're sweet people. :)

Glad the show went well and everyone enjoyed it. :kickass:

7. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

hahaha great night

8. L.F

L.F Member

Sorry, the site site keeps saying I'm forbidden from replying in this thread for some reason so I can't post my review properly. In short, it was a great night, review to hopefully follow.

9. Wilhelm Klink

Wilhelm Klink Kommandant

Anyone else think Geoff Tate has modelled himself on Ricky Gervais' stylings?

10. jörundr otkell

i reckon with sunglasses on he looked like a young and buff jack nicholson.

[​IMG]

11. JonBonJovi

JonBonJovi Titilate

I was so angry when I got there...angry at Brian for being such a cunt.If he had remained calm we would have goten there much sooner.
    I was upset we missed Lord as we had been told 9pm and due to having a 16yr old at our place getting on the net during ysturday was impossible to have seen the post of Lord going on at 8pm.
    I kept getting in great spots then some big oaf or tall chick in stileto heals would come and stand right in front of me.What I did see was great what heard was awsome.

12. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

Fucking amazing gig!!

LORD were great as usual and played the songs from APJ really well. I was glad that it was a longer set then I had expected too.

Queensryche were amazing! I really enjoyed a few of the songs from OM:2 such as I'm American and A Murderer? live. A lot better than on CD.

Great to see all of you at Bar Ace too.

Best-forum-meet-up-evvvvveeeeeeerrrrr!

13. 1AZRAEL1

1AZRAEL1 ...

it was a nerd meet haha
    good to see alot of you guys there

14. Turner

Turner I have a cunning plan

haha i kept screaming NERD MEET

15. Cryptor

Cryptor Cobber Mc Friendly

N3RD M33T 06!!1

16. L.F

L.F Member

Lets try this again

Well I had a great time last night. I thought Lord were great again and the additon of the lollies, as well as LT's response to the Slave Of Love requests made it a very memorable set. Great fun. And as for Queenryche, I can hosnestly say I enjoyed the set from beginning to end. Because I only started listening to them last year, Mindcrime I hasn't yet had the effect on me as it has with a lot of other fans who may regard it as the best concept album ever. It's a great album of course but to me Savatage's Dead Winter Dead is still my favourite concept album. That said, because I haven't absorbed it as much I think that's helped me enjoy Mindcrime II more than other, long time Ryche fans may have since both albums are reasonably new to me I'm not really drawing too many comparisons between them so hearing slect songs from both was really cool, as were the encores. No complaints about Geoff Tate here, the whole band sounded top notch.

Afterwards I met some non-metal friends I hadn't seen for a while at some place called the Uber bar, the second I walked in YMCA started playing, which was a big anti-climax after just watching Lord and Queensryche tear it up. So after standing around being bored there for an hour some of the others decided to go to Pure Platinum, so we hung out there until about 3.30am, one of the girls (who was still on stage) stopped and questioned me about the Queensryche shirt I had on. So my night ended with me having to explain to a stripper what the musical differences between Queensryche and Queens Of The Stone Age are. Lots of fun.

17. Bucko

Bucko Member

Cheers all had a great night ...................Lord were very tight indeed and QR well they were fuking amazing.... good to catch with a few of you are the Ace Bar.........

18. Awake_In_Animosity

Awake_In_Animosity Fearing a Blank Planet

Did anyone get any photos last night?

19. Watto

Watto the need...for speed!

Rowy had a camera, I think she took a few snaps of the bands

20. ladymessiah

ladymessiah New Metal Member

We've put all the pics on a disc...about 100 or some alot of piss funny ones :)