This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Just a heads up... In the next week or two we will be making some major upgrades to the site to bring the software and server fully up to date. While the upgrade happens the site will be offline for the day. There will be some quirkiness after the upgrade, but we'll get it all sorted out.
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Primal Fear fans RE: current US tour

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Andy Laudano, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Andy Laudano

Andy Laudano Member

I haven't seen this adressed anywhere (including the bands website) but is it Magnus Karlsson or Alex Beyrodt on guitar? Just curious because I've never seen Magnus live and that would greatly influence my decision to travel to Austin or Houston to see them (since they're not coming to Dallas/Fort Worth). I'll probably go either way but I'd like to know first before I go.

2. PureXul

PureXul Member

Alex Beyrodt - source. Looking forward to seeing them in Santa Ana next weekend, especially with Redemption on the bill.

3. imaskinbeater

imaskinbeater clinically insane drumnut

Definitely Alex. Great guitarist and a hell of a guy as well.

4. kittybeast

kittybeast Member

check out Alex's Voodoo Circle will not disappoint! http://www.myspace.com/voodoocircleband:headbang:
    Alex Beyrodt - Guitars
    David Readman - Vocals
    Markus Kullmann - Drums
    Mat Sinner - Bass
    Jimmy Kresic - Keyboards

5. kittybeast

kittybeast Member

see ya there!!

6. Andy Laudano

Andy Laudano Member

Absolutely LOVE Voodoo Circle! Had Alex sign my CD at ProgPower. Great album and I've always been a huge Readman fan.

7. Rezz

Rezz Member

No! I was really looking forward to seeing Magnus! Does anyone have any idea why he isn't touring with them?

Anyone else going to the Seattle show?

8. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

i thought i remembered reading it was family stuff for him missing the previous tour, plus i believe he is basically a hired gun for the band to help write material. or at least that was my interpretation of why they brought him in. i mean he did one tour right? then has sat out the rest? plus, why tour when he can sit at home and write music for the likes of ALLEN/LANDE III and all the other stuff he has in pipeline we don't even know about yet. :)

9. Rezz

Rezz Member

Henny was hanging out with the fans after the Seattle show so I asked him why Magnus wasn't on the current tour. He said that Magnus and his wife had twins last summer and, basically, she wouldn't allow him to go on the tour. He is still a full member of the band and will be re-joining them very soon.

The only 2 that didn't come out to meet with the fans were Mat and Alex. Henny, Ralf and Randy were all very nice, amiable guys.