This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Question for Travis.

Discussion in 'Travis Smith' started by blakmetalemp, Jul 2, 2002.

1. blakmetalemp

blakmetalemp Armed to the teeeettthhh!

Just wondering, have you ever considered making a book of your artwork? That would be awesome. Maybe even some pull out posters or something.:cool:

2. Seems like Trav

Seems like Trav No Such Thing

id love to do that. problem is i dont have the finances to do it just yet...

3. Seems like Trav

Seems like Trav No Such Thing

id love to do that. problem is i dont have the finances to do it just yet...
    do you think it would sell?

ok quick poll: who would buy one?

4. Rex

Rex Guest

I would

5. euthyphro

euthyphro New Metal Member

I fully would buy one! I am an artist myself and I love Travis Smiths work. so yeah, I would fully buy one no matter the price....well, that's a lie....if it was 3 ba-gillion dollars I'd probably just settle on going to the website. but I doubt it'd cost that much...yeah I'd buy one, and one for each of my friends.

6. SamRonin

SamRonin Will do art for food...

7. blakmetalemp

I would most definatly buy it.

8. Slipknot_isn't_metal

Slipknot_isn't_metal From Wisdom to Hate

Yea ....i'd buy it. It'd be also great if you sold some fulll size posters of your art work on yer site or something ....my walls would most definitely be covered with the said posters :D

9. dirge

dirge silent one

i'd buy one too, though im not sure i'd have to due to what euthyphro said about buying them for his friends :D

10. noren

noren Pixel coordinator

I would for sure!

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'd buy two. One for just to thumb and another for cut off the pictures and hanging on my wall.

12. berlioz

berlioz pale ghost in the corner

Sorry, forgot to login. So... i'd buy two.

13. redblueyes

redblueyes wreathme

I'd buy seven. No :p just kidding.
    This thread made me wonder if these people actually WOULD buy it even if they say yes. It's a cool idea but I wonder how much faith you can put in people (lately I have NO faith in humans so this post probably sounds negative huh?) I mean how many people are downloading cds vs buying them and you don't even GET a cover/insert that way! Why the hell would they (most) buy a book of covers when you can find them online already. Well maybe fans of art have more respect than fans of music for their creators. Hopefully. But, it almost seems like we're talking about the same group of people here.

I personally would probably buy the book as I think it would be a cool conversation/coffee table type book for my condo. But it'd have to be a huge book with TONS of pictures (which would no-doubt make it quite expensive to make, or maybe you could put 4 smaller size on one page?) I dunno. It SOUNDS like a cool idea, give me something to look at in my spare time (which is plenty) and also to scare off some of my family and guests when they come over, haha.

Of course the few cool people coming over would find it fascinating like myself. :D

I don't know.. did I help here? :confused: ha hah. Go back to sleep......... :p
    :D

14. Lordenlil

Lordenlil FROST

Me too!!! \m/

(because I do some of this myself and it's good inspiration...
    and I collect books as well... so there)

15. SamRonin

SamRonin Will do art for food...

Redblueyes is right, however right now the only thing that we can have as a reference are these answers...

Anyway, I brought Ronin:The Art of Christopher Shy for 30 bucks and its only 64 pages longs, size, personally does not matter as long the content its good.

(of course i wouldnt mind if you put out a 666 pages mammoth encyclopedia of Travis Smith)

16. ghobhlin

ghobhlin Member

I can say I would buy one. For a long time I have been wanting to buy one of the prints Travis sells but I cant decide on just one or two. A book would be awesome.

17. blakmetalemp

I for one hate looking at pictures on the net. When I find something I like I'd rather have it in front of me, not turn on the computer, log onto the internet, search for what I want and find it only to look at a picture that is either 1/4 the size of my screen. Fuck that I want a book! Small pics are cool to give you an idea of what it looks like, but that is about the extent of it for me.

Edit: Same goes for cd's. I want the art, jewel case...I want it all! :D

18. Rex

Rex Guest

fact is Travis has TONS of material he could fill that book up with and never even touch the stuff that he has on his website (maybe). i know of a bunch of things he has done that isnt on the site. so yeah (again) i think people would buy it.

and i'd still buy it.

19. toilethead

toilethead Member

20. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'll buy it immediatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Emergent rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!