This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions for LT

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Feb 28, 2006.

1. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

Was pumping TFC tonight and a few questions came to mind.

Was there an intentional absence of fadeouts on TFC?

Also, what does the Latin choir chant at the end?

2. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

If you mean was there supposed to be short gaps between the songs and not a smooth fade from one to another, then no - that was a mastering fuck up. *sigh* That'll be fixed on a future pressing.

If you mean the songs end abruptly without a fade (like Tarranno Del Mar does for example) then no, it wasn't really planned to do that, they really just turned out how they turned out with the exception of TFC itself - that really had to sound like "closing credits" kind of music in a way. There'll be something similar on Ascendence for the last song too.

The latin choir roughly translates to "Newly risen, how brightly you shine / I shall not all die / Lord" (I can't actually remember the words off the top of my head right now, but I'm sure some Latin freaks out there will pick that to bits and tell me my Latin sucks! HAHA!). The point of it was to hint that Dungeon wasn't the end of the line, just a transition.

More useless trivia: the "Dominus" bit at the end of the Latin phrase (basically "Lord") is where our parent company Dominus Entertainment got our name too.

3. fire_angel

fire_angel Timboooooo

That's actually pretty cool. Cheers for that.

Will there be linear notes or a sort of introduction to the death of Dungeon / rebirth of Lord in the Ascendence booklet?

4. Thraxz

Thraxz Melody be Thy Name

5. Lord Tim

Yeah there will, plus the intro to the album will be kind of a link to Dungeon too... you'll see what I mean when you hear it. ;)

Hey, it happens!

While we WERE busy here in 2005 with Nightwish, Angra, Megadeth, Fozzy, MFTB (x2), etc. etc., we were also overseas for a while as well.

And also, one of the things we definitely did notice was that as big as we were in the underground, it really meant fuck-all in the bigger picture. As an example, I would say that in 2005 Dungeon was arguably Australia's biggest metal band, getting great sales and heaps of people to shows. We did Megadeth and for ages after we had people going "we'd never heard of Dungeon before now!"... in fact, about 80% of the 2200-strong crowd per show had no idea who the hell we were. The really put things into perspective for us big time!

So yeah, it's definitely not too hard to think that people hadn't heard of Dungeon in Australia before.

We're hoping to change that with LORD, though. :)

6. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Hey LT, I finally got my copy of TFC and have to say that the mixing is excellent. At the same time I bought a copy of DragonForce "Inhuman Rampage" (strongly recommended for all you power metal fans out there) which has amazing guitar work and studio effects but is let down by the fact that the guitars are often almost inaudible behind the vocals and drums. One of the many things that I love about your albums is that I can focus on and hear each instrument clearly, even when there are three or four guitars going at once you can listen to each one. Do you give all the tracks individual frequencies to do this?? The problem with the Dragonforce disk may be an artifact of conversion to MP3- but none of my Dungeon albums have such a problem.... they're all crystal.

7. Lord Tim

I try to go for clarity and separation for what we do first, and sometimes it's to the detriment of the album to be honest. ARTP had a REALLY thin guitar tone, and I think OSB had a really "safe" tone, so there's a fine line to walk between clarity and not heavy.

I think TFC was the closest yet, but the new LORD album is gonna have the biggest balance between those things... but as always, the guitars will be cranked! We're a heavy metal band, don't hide like a pussy behind your synths! ;)

8. mikrucio

mikrucio Fukwit

one thing tim. some advice if you will.
    there is far too much reverb on your drums.

Oh and iv given up on my male vocalist pursuits after 9 months of looking
    kind of got sick of it.
    SO.. I am using a female....:) :p

9. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

Are those Dungeon downloads on MP3sugar sanctioned?

10. Lord Tim

I guess your professional opinion differs from mine because I disagree. ;)

No, they're not... but doing anything about it really isn't worth out time or money, to be honest. The revenue we'd be losing from there wouldn't be worth the effort for us to chase it up when you look at the big picture.

11. Over the wall

Over the wall Member

Im watching the Amon Amarth Wrath of the Norsemen DVD and the on stage battle has just come on.

Have you ever considered a "show" for Lords set, by show i mean bringing more to the stage than just the band?

12. Lord Tim

Yeah, it would be awesome actually, but well beyond our budget right now. I'd actually love to do something with a live orchestra and video screens some day when we get the money.

13. Over the wall

Over the wall Member

That would be awesome.

What about other people on stage? (Sorry im still hung up on the AA DVD)
    Like for example have guys re-enacting WW1 trench war then go into Gallipoli.

(I know this is way beyong the scope of where LORD is now, but humor me)

14. Lord Tim

HAHA! If we could actually play Gallipoli live then it might work! We gave that very little thought when it was being written! :p

There's a few things in the works for the future that could lend itself to a full blown stage show or concept film... but that'll be a while off yet! ;)

15. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

If you guys have a lot of Japanese fans, ever considered getting the main parts of your site translated into japanese (or does that happen already?)

16. Lord Tim

17. Chris Brooks

Chris Brooks www.chrisbrooks.com

You could call it the Lor-chestra. Violinists in leather jackets and jeans would rock.

:kickass:

18. Lord Tim

Or a Dorkestra! :p

19. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Just as long as all the classical musos who are sitting down dont have too many holes in their jeans :oops:

20. Wenda

Wenda Lady LORD

Yes :)

...no :erk: