This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

questions to a Carvin Bass

Discussion in 'Steve DiGiorgio' started by -bloody-, Jun 21, 2010.

1. -bloody-

-bloody- New Metal Member

Hey Steve,

sorry, i have a few stupid questions, I want to buy me a new bass.. and I thought of a carvin, but I'm not sure

i hope you can help me..

can i use a Carvin fretless Bass for a little bit harder and faster sounds or/and songs? The J99A Alnico single coil bass pickups, wich you have for your carvin, too.. are they suitable for harder sound?

and can you advise the carvin fretless? Is it easy to handle?

Of course everybody has to decide if it's easy or not.. but a few informations would be great

so now I'm done :)

2. Disincarnate

Disincarnate I'm but a wave to...

and can you also tell whats the string spacing on your thor

3. Son of Magni

Son of Magni ThorBass

The spacing on Steve's Thor is .708 inches (18mm). But I should point out that we chose that spacing because it was a spacing he was used to because of his other basses. Now I'm pretty sure Steve would choose a wider spacing, probably 19mm.

In response to the original question, the pickups you mention should be fine. But I should say that imo, your sound is 10% in the bass, 10% in the pickups, 10% in the strings, 10% in your amp, and 60% in your fingers. I'm serious...

4. israel

israel Bassist Member

I got an used Carvin a few months ago and all I can say is that it's one of the the best basses I've ever played. It's so comfortable and the neck is just killer.

Also I've had the opportunity to hold Steve's Thor bass in my hands when they came here to Brazil and dude, I love that neck too! I can't really compare both of them but the Thor neck seems to be even better than the Carvin one, it's so thin and fast!

Hope this helps! ;)

5. Disincarnate

Disincarnate I'm but a wave to...

get barts installed if your not liking the sound.upgrade the pups and the pre amp.shit should be sorted then.