This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by COBHC Webmaster, Feb 13, 2008.

1. charli

charli Member

2. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

3. FreyaBlack

FreyaBlack Blooddrunk Child

Does Alexi have any real facebook, myspace,twitter account?

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

5. sleeper666

sleeper666 MetalMutha

to quote K-Man: "Alexi does not have Twitter, Facebook, or Myspace. If you find one on any of those, it's a fake!"

6. sinara79

sinara79 Member

Alexi does not like to communicate on the internet?

7. charli

charli Member

no, I even think he said he doest know how to use a computer properly

8. Andry_Wildchild

I'd say he hates it.

9. Shinaain

Shinaain Huh.

Some call it "role-playing," others call it "tribute" - but only if you can get them to admit they're not really who they're posing as.

I've called people out on it before and I've yet to come across any of them who thinks that there's anything wrong in misrepresenting themselves or the people they're impersonating, much less potentially deceiving "fellow" fans (if these cretins can truly claim kinship with actual fans). Some, it's their specific intention to do all of the above. It seems a pretty fucked up way to show someone your appreciation for what they do, but then I don't suppose there's much sense to made of any decisions made by obsessed people in identity crisis with inferiority complexes, self-esteem issues, and nothing better to do with their time.

A man in his position and all the bullshit that all too often comes with it? Makes sense to me to limit the avenues of approach people have to him, especially when too many people don't seem to know how to behave themselves. I don't presume to know if that's really the reason or not, but that's where MY values are and so it occurs to me first.

10. FreyaBlack

That's so sad some people act like him on the internet...:(
    What about the other members? Is it possible for them to have any profile on these sites?

11. Shinaain

Shinaain Huh.

Well, they're all administrators on their own site; however, that doesn't mean they all check the boards or choose to interact here. I'm given to understand a few do have social networking profiles, but I'm otherwise unaware of them. I found the fake profiles when I initially became a fan of COB and was researching what else the band had done, but I've never dug to find the real bandmembers. If the bandmembers themselves DO have social networking profiles, it would appear they choose not to advertise their online presence for reasons that should appear fairly obvious. Janne and Henkka used to post here (Janne, now, rarely), but I can't see that it's really in their best interests to get too involved in the online community. It would appear (perhaps, wrongly) they would agree.

A few things to tip people off to fake profiles (and this goes for anyone you're looking for online who may be "in demand"/a celebrity):

(1) Location - Anyone can say that they're from Espoo, Finland if they want to take their ruse THAT far, but some actually leave you a clue by being honest and saying Brazil, Croatia, what-have-you.

(2) Broken English - All of the guys in COB in particular speak and understand English well enough not to make mistakes that look like they Google translated everything, then copied and pasted it to their profiles.

(3) On Facebook, pages where you have the option of "liking" a page or adding yourself as a "fan" - That's usually a dead giveaway. Some people are conscientious enough about what they're doing to plainly advertise the profile as a "tribute" or "fan" page, but not all. Anyone with self-esteem issues that present in deceptive, attention-seeking behavior is going to try to siphon off some of the adulation directed at their "idols;" hence, "LOOK AT ME!/BE MY FAN!/I'M SO GREAT!!"

(4) Profile pictures of press/professional quality - If it looks like something anyone could Google to find, it could be a sign that the profile does not belong to the individual advertised. (This one really only goes for personal, PRIVATE profiles, in which case the person will normally use either an avatar or a candid photo that obscures a good view of their face for their profile picture. Some people have personal profiles they're open to allowing the general public to access, whether to interact with the fans or to further promote their projects, in which case many have professional design and presentation. In other words, this is not a hard-and-fast rule.)

(5) Anybody claiming to be any of the bandmembers themselves or their crew sending YOU an add request - I've found that sometimes, when you add either the band's official page or another fan already linked to a related community, the impersonators will occasionally attempt to add YOU. This is another dead giveaway. I'm guessing the COB guys have too many people coming at them from all directions for them to go looking for random people to add, and that goes for just about any band I can think of.

If any of the board veterans would care to add anything that might help newer/less savvy fans coming here for information stay away from the impersonators, please feel free to jump in.

Hope that helped, Freya.

12. FreyaBlack

Well thanks for the information.:)
    I know about these things of course. The most annoying when someone writes in Finnish/perfect in English, have a rare photo and says actual updates/facts.:S
    But that's really disgusting to act like a well-known man.
    Some musicians have real profile(for example on FB). It would be great if Bodom's official site would be a bit like a social network:D I saw it on an other band's page and it works well.
    But I really hope they know how much we appreciate their work and love them all without saying it every day on their page:D

13. Shinaain

Shinaain Huh.

You're welcome. And if that was no real help to you, then maybe it will be for the next person who asks. Hopefully, they'll search this thread first.

14. SaatananPieniSisar

Is the date for the FME in 2011 known yet?

*I just found a very very interesting Air Berlin deal...*

15. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

No. But it's about the same time every year.

16. SaatananPieniSisar

I know, it's always around my birthday, but it's a matter of which weekend :)
    I'll see if I can fix it with my work and then I'll just book.. and just hope it's the right weekend :)

17. olam

olam New Metal Member

I have only one question :)
    IS Alexi still dating Kristen Mulderig?

18. ^MetalMan^

^MetalMan^ Hexagon

are you still dating Tiger Woods?

19. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

I got a question!

Why is it all you girls have Alexi's face as avatar?

20. Andry_Wildchild

Fuck off i'm not a girl -.-"