This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

R.I.P. Gus Chambers

Discussion in 'Steve Smyth' started by Steve Smyth, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Steve Smyth

Steve Smyth Lead Axe

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107059

I met Gus a few times out there on the road, the first time in 1996 when I was with Vicious Rumors; one of the nicest, most friendly people out there in this industry you could ever wish to meet! I always thought he had one of the most distinctive voices in metal, and that Grip Inc. was a great, highly fucking underrated band!

Rest In Peace Gus. You were one of a kind man!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

2. I-TEND-TO-DIE

I-TEND-TO-DIE leave this world behind

YEAH RIGHT SAID bro!!
    Iam also (still) a big fan of Grip and I was so upset as I heard of it,
    I also saw him this year at the summer-breeze Open Air (with Enemy of the sun/Waldemar Sorychtas new band, which is awe-some!!) :headbang:
    and he did 2 Grip Inc. songs with them and he never made the impression of
    a guy who want to take his life! really sad
    cause I really admire this unique band and also I thought a reunion could be still possible but anyway fuck it, now everything is over..

ROCK IN PEACE GUS (Gary)

3. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

I miss Gus! I been listening to a lot of Grip lately and it's just really sad that he's gone. They had some great tunes and I always felt Gus was one of the great metal singers. He seemed like such a warm, happy guy the one time I met him. He actually greeted me at the door and welcomed me and my buds to the show. Will miss him!