This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

R.I.P Les Paul

Discussion in 'Novembers Doom' started by WiscoKid, Aug 13, 2009.

1. WiscoKid

WiscoKid Member

Les Paul passed away today. He was a true innovator and musical visionary. Between the invention of the electric guitar and multi track recording, he and his wife Mary Ford pretty much originated and defined the modern music industry as we know it. My first electric guitar was a cheap Les Paul copy. It didn't say Les Paul, but I knew what it was from worshipping Ace Frehley back in the mid 70's. He was actually from up near me in Wisconsin, Waukesha to be exact. I never met Les, nor did I ever get the chance to see him perform live. Nonetheless I feel sad to hear that he has died. His ideas and inventions will live forever.

R.I.P Les, the true master

2. Will Bozarth

Will Bozarth Everlasting Godstopper

I'm more sad that I was going to see him play this Monday. Couldn't he have waited 5 more days?

3. STEVE NICHOLSON

Wow, That sucks being that close to seeing Les Paul. He, Chet Atkins and Roy Clark are the early pioneers of electric "Shred" I guess you can call it. That "chicken pickin" style still is amazing.
    RIP Les Paul

4. FrostGiant

FrostGiant Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

Every once in a while he would make stops out at the local music stores in Green Bay for the seminars and what not. Never did go to one though. In retrospect that was really stupid of me.

BTW, there are a lot of people from Wisconsin (musicians) that have no idea Les Paul was from Wisconsin. Sad really.

5. great_kthulu

great_kthulu Greater Evil

les paul was a great player and inovator, plus i like his guitar better than leo's

6. PhlegethonVeins

PhlegethonVeins Autopsy Obsessed

The reaper has been quite the ass this year.

7. Meanspark

Meanspark Member

yeah sad news, he influenced so much people.
    I closed down my website pretty much at the same time. weird coincidence.

8. Jerich

Jerich Progressive doom

Lester William Polsfuss, also known as Les Paul. He was born June 9, 1915 in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
    Paul died in White Plains, New York, from complications of severe pneumonia.
    “The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Les Paul Foundation, 236 West 30th Street, 7th Floor, New York, New York 10001.“
    He was nicknamed the "Wizard of Waukesha."I have been lucky enuff to see Les
    Paul played Monday nights at New York's Iridium jazz club seen it three times great guy very talkative but as his age got up there it became known that his health was getting bad. I was always amazed to see him a legend,I wish i could have seen Leo back in the day but Les was a character.
    The only Les Paul I have is a Baritone Custom 2 of a Kind and i am still looking for the other.....

R.I.P. Les......:kickass: