This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Races

Discussion in 'The Philosopher' started by cannibal corpse, Jul 18, 2008.

1. monoxide_child

monoxide_child New Metal Member

if you're saying that we need to look at the individual instead of looking at stereo types, then yeah i agree with you

2. monoxide_child

i agree with you
    i bitch about those hispanics that insistently refuse to learn english, but i agree that you can't say all mexicans act the same, hispanics in american jails/prisons outnumber the non-hispanic whites, but whites are tempted to use that as an excuse for racism, but the mexicans/latinos aren't all criminals, anymore so than you could say that all american blacks have the ghettoville gangster thug type mentality that's reffered to as "black american culture"

3. Sepia~

Sepia~ New Metal Member

Yea, that's my opinion in a nutshell. People often find it easier to believe the stereotypics than to try and learn where the stereotypics come from, and why.

4. monoxide_child

yeah, the steriotypes come from observations, but you can't treat people based on the stereo types, or even your own observations, you can't treat all black people bad because of having an experience of seeing 1 black guy being a ghettoville gangster thug, you can't listen to someone speaking spanish and assume that they can't speak english just because you've met hispanics that can't speak english, on the other side of that, a hispanic or black can't assume all white people are white supremisists just because they've met a Klansman

5. Vimana

Vimana Member

I find it funny how one can support racism with a straight face when the concept of race in itself is ludicrous and laughable when dissected.

Race is a social concept. If you put all the factors together that would separate people into groups, they all conflict with race. Things such as language, culture, religion, appearance, genetics, region, etc.

6. monoxide_child

+1

7. Blowtus

Blowtus Member

Because nobody ever got worked up about other 'social' concepts either! :lol:
    Appearance is a pretty good correlate for race, which is in turn better than chance at predicting language, culture, religion. Doesn't seem that ludicrous a construct to me, though it does seem a little backwards to cling to it when better info becomes available...

8. Badbird

Badbird Never banned

I was on a road trap to Florida last February and there was some rap/rnb radio station on talking about sterotypeds stuff and made me think that race.I always think about this in sports like basketball where most of the players on the team are black altough white people like to watch but if a black person goes to something like a nascar race,they will feel very out of place.

9. Vimana

Vimana Member

Race is pretty much a classification made up of picked-and-chosen elements of other ways of classifying people to form a social concept people use to justify discrimination. :lol:

10. monoxide_child

yeah, that's pretty much it

11. Living_Monstrosity

Living_Monstrosity Freak for Life

I have no problem with race at all. I just despise those ghetto people. By ghetto people I do NOT mean black. You can be white or asian and be ghetto.

12. Badbird

Badbird Never banned

White ghetto people are rednecks.Asian ghetto people are :zombie:.

13. razoredge

razoredge Member

Redneck = "Tom Brady", narrow minded, cant see past the end of the nose, stereo types, grasps at commonly percieved misnomers, sucks ass according to whos present, one sided view point but again waffles according to the atmosphere, spineless, cant stand alone, perpetuates chaos for no other purpose

14. razoredge

razoredge Member

ghetto people suck but society made them, perhaps just a natural phenom, throughout the living world exists vultures

15. monoxide_child

not really
    being a redneck is a different thing
    among my friends, white ghetto people are reffered to as "albino my pals"

16. monoxide_child

ghetto people = vultures???

17. Silver Incubus

Silver Incubus Dead Hands Justin

Albino my pals??? What about the obvious Wiggers? LOL

18. Silver Incubus

Silver Incubus Dead Hands Justin

Race self hate can be a very problematic thing for those who face a strong minority to an overwhelming majority.
    I saw this video where they asked little black girls to identify which doll, black or white looked most like her. Then the person asked which doll she thought was prettier and the black girls picked the white dolls almost if not every time(i can't remember the exact numbers) Things like that really make me sad, as I have seen and heard a black girl I know say things just like that, and she really wants to be white....

The only thing 'race' is good for is telling who your relatives are. And some of the advantages of those genes.

19. razoredge

razoredge Member

is there something about that statement you did not get ? Would you like to add something pertaining to the entire statement ?

? three question marks back attcha

20. RedFox742

RedFox742 Power/Prog Devotee

Well said.

The aura of this topic has come a very long way since its first few pages, which invoked the wonderful ideologies of eugenics and social Darwinism. Yeesh.