This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rangebastard

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Ruins, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Ruins

Ruins is zayebated

i found this plug in to be useful in getting my baritone abit to the brighter side. i hope others will find it useful too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rangebastard, an emulation of the Dallas Rangemaster treble boost.
    "This is an emulation of an Dallas Rangemaster with added controls for tweaking or for use as a full-range booster, an overdrive, and more. It runs in mono or stereo, and has 2x oversampling (always on).
    The Rangemaster was a Germanium transistor treble boost developed in the 1960s. It and similar effects have been used by Eric Claption, Brian May, and many more great guitarists. It’s most often used to drive a distorted tube amp into more distortion, while boosting the upper-mids for a screaming lead sound."
    Rangebastard for Windows (VST) is available to download free of charge.

https://sites.google.com/site/distorque/home/vsts/rangebastard

the demo video is not really healfpuf but better than nothing i guess

http://vimeo.com/28775345

2. Sloan

Sloan Sounds like shit!

This is like a pre-tubescreamer. I know Jimmy Page and others fancied the rangemaster that this is based off of.

3. ahjteam

ahjteam Anssi Tenhunen

they have this kinda thing on the AcmeBarGig plugins (I think they call it treblebooster or something, that thing above the Presets button anyway) and if tweaked right, it makes all the plugins go hi-gain.

[​IMG]