This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rate Last Videogame you played , write a one sentence review.

Discussion in 'Bar' started by JayB, Jun 4, 2010.

1. JBroll

JBroll I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

Fallout 4 - 8/10: loading screens occasionally interrupted by a future where nobody minds that they still live in a skeleton-carpeted shambles that has seen fewer structural improvements in the last two centuries than [anything political at all, really].

Come for the gameplay mechanic introduced solely for the sake of shoving an achievement in there somewhere (presumably in case someone incapable of spelling 'The Sims' wound up buying the wrong thing), stay for the thrill of finding some use for those three traits shoved in just because coming up with 70 skills is clearly mad.

The crafting systems are fortunately enough to keep early-game weapons viable throughout, but there's still a lot of game-breaking wackiness that interrupts real progression - it's already confusing when experience is all shoved into one pile, as if looking around town a bit really does anything to improve firearms handling, but when I can have a character with maxed luck and minimal intelligence gain experience because an incoming shot ricocheted off and killed my attacker (a real skill), get bonus experience for being an idiot savant (another real skill), and use the resulting points to gain critical hit damage I just can't explain the progression in any way whatsoever.

An energy weapons expert (my first playthrough) was harder to play and develop than a 10 CHA, 10 LCK, 1 INT goddamn reality TV contestant, so something somewhere shat the bed mercilessly... my favorite so far was accepting a minor quest, fast-traveling to a place I had discovered so that I had enough points to pick better locks, walking inside to try to kill someone, having him commit suicide by RNG when he shoots me with opposite-day consequences, turning in the quest, and lucking into an Idiot Savant bonus that wound up getting me two levels. I learned how to pacify animals by having a robot suck at shooting me. Yeah, the story's great and everything looks about as good as Boston could manage pre- or post-apocalypse... but I'm pretty sure nuclear war somehow irradiated the concept of cause and effect, because I can't figure out any other way to justify that sentence.

Far Cry 4 - whatever Far Cry 3 is rated, plus one: it is almost the same game, but with elephants and auto-driving (it really took us this long to figure out that sometimes players want to grab a beer while going across the map?) instead of an obnoxious frat twat appropriating someone's culture. It would have been nice to have more obnoxious spoiled rich douches die just for the schadenfreude of it all, but at least opening with 'hey, your mum's dead, have a sarcastic sociopath or two and some torture just for funsies' gets partway there.

Payday 2, re-reviewed - $2.50 per point: dear sweet Satan did they screw the pooch with drills and safes, but the Point Break remake tie-in started off as a shit-eating brain-damaged puppypunt of a bad idea and actually led to two good heists. I think the developers must have the Idiot Savant perk from Fallout 4.

Elite: Dangerous - 10/10: I am in space.

Jef

2. Nuno Filipe

Nuno Filipe You talkin' to me?

I installed farcry 4 even before the wolfestein and I cant find the game very interesting and I am thinking in delete the game from the system. It´s strange because I loved farcry 3 and indeed this seems like farcry 3.5 but somehow it´s boring, the missions are not interesting enough, everything feels the same as 3 but with much less interest.

3. sprack

sprack Thread Killer

Destiny: TFK - Fun game once you get a good group going, typical gear + grind missions, but I got a xim4 to play it with mouse/kb, headshot-headshot-headshot-headshot, FPS with joysticks is lame.

4. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

Black Ops 3 - 7/10

Had MW 2 and 3 and Black Ops 1 and 2 for XBox 360. The box died about 2 years ago and I had pretty much grown tired of the MW games before it died. Roommate bought me BO3 for a Christmas gift and it instantly sucked me back in with the fast-paced gameplay. Fairly fun but after a while it's all sort of the same. I also cannot stand games that don't fully let you customize your audio. For example, I have a keyboard with headset jacks on it and I prefer to run my games audio through my speakers and the voice chat through the headset. Most games won't let you configure this and end up having to hear people talk through the speakers and that annoys the shit out of me.

5. Ermz

Ermz ¯\(°_o)/¯

Grim Dawn - 9/10. The concept of classic ARPGs executed almost flawlessly.

6. JBroll

JBroll I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

I got into Grim Dawn too, but I put it away when Fallout came out. I think I'll pick it up again soon and then get immediately distracted by XCOM 2 (10?) when that comes out.

Jef

7. ~BURNY~

~BURNY~ Member

Installed Just Cause 3 (loved JC2) and it's unplayable. Buggy as shit and slow despite updates.

8. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds

Great game. Still early access and a little buggy. Haven’t ever played a game that gets my blood pumping like this one does.