This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Recent Saxon Albums on Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Black Lagoon, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon Member

Can anyone help me on this?

I know Lionheart, The Inner Sanctum and Heavy Metal Thunder were available on vinyl, but were any other the others since Forever Free?

2. WILKS

WILKS Member

Not sure mate.I by cds but my format of choice is vinyl.

3. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

I miss the vinyl days!

Nowadays i buy a CD, rip it, put it away and never play it again.....

I miss the CD days!!

Never liked cassettes so i dont miss them things :lol:

4. WILKS

WILKS Member

The only good thing about the cassette was making a mixtape for somone now that was a true artform.

5. Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon Member

That was an art form. Chopping off the first bars, leaving to big a gap, it took a real skill!

Still buy Vinyl whenever I can as it still looks and sounds the business. Get the CD's as well mind you!

6. WILKS

WILKS Member

You also had to listen to the songs.Not like when you burn a cd .I still have a tape player in my car for that reason.Sad i know.When people made a tape they had to take a couple hours out of their time to do it.So for that reason you knew that; a, they loved that song, or b they thourght you would love that song.Mind you like you say to cue up a song in the middle of an album was a pain in the ass.:lol:

7. CRUSADER747

CRUSADER747 \\Power Metal Maniac//

The last Saxon album i bought on vinyl was Forever Free, and i only got it on vinyl as well as cd cos i liked the cover, with the robot people on futuristic motorbikes etc.
    I don't miss vinyl at all really, i hated records jumping when i walked pased the record player, and i hated the crackles, and records can get scratched quite easy.
    And as for tapes, good ridance. I dont even have a video anymore, i have a dvd recorder instead :kickass:

8. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

I've always preferred vinyl myself. It was with great reluctance that I finally accepted that hardly anyone releases anything on vinyl these days, and started buying CD's instead :( I didn't know Lionheart and The Inner Sanctum were available on vinyl!!!

9. Black Lagoon

Black Lagoon Member

You can get The Inner Sanctum from Nuclear Blast's website, which is where I still buy a lot of my vinyl from.

It does the artwork justice and looks so much better than the cd.

10. CRUSADER747

I agree with you that the large album cover shows the artwork much better, but at the end of the day, i want to listen to the music without crackles and stylus jumping etc. I also like to rip cd tracks and put them on my mp3 player e.t.c.

But i know there are still some vinyl enthusists out there, and thats fine by me, but times are changing, and i love new technology...:)

B.T.W. i have about 150 vinyl albums, but i rarely play them, cos i have a lot of them on cd now.

11. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

I cherish my LPs purely because of the artwork, i dont play mine either, i no longer have a vinyl compatable device that can play them lol

As for videos, have not used one of those machines in years, dont own one either, despite that i do have alot of home movies and good stuff on some tapes that i would like to record to dvd one day, when i can be arsed.

12. CRUSADER747

I know what you mean. I have a mini DV video camera, and i put all my recordings on to DVD. The quality is a lot better than VHS tapes!

I also have quite a lot of VHS movies, and if i want to watch one i just use my parents video, but thats not often, as im trying to increase my DVD collection :)

13. WILKS

WILKS Member

My turntable packed in about 18 months ago.I have about 20 lps,40 7" and a few 12"s that i ain't evan played yet.:lol: