This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Releases 2009!

Discussion in 'Skyfire' started by AeonicSlumber, Jan 20, 2009.

1. The Don

The Don Member

2. Cronopio

Cronopio Glorious Imperator

Since you guys seem to jizz in your pants whenever someone mentions Katatonia, I'm proud to announce to you that my friend Niklas 'Nille' Sandin will be the fill-in bass player since the second guitarist and bassist left the band. Nille is an awesome bass player.

3. AeonicSlumber

Jesus H. Christ Don can you possibly cry more? My previous post obviously wasn't entirely serious! It's okay we can still be friends. Let's hug it out brah. *hugs* <333

Crono: You don't like Katatonia? Either way, grats to your buddy. I'll say hi to him when they come to the US!

4. The Don

The Don Member

Funny because I usually dub Jesus' middle name Herbert. Bro hug +5. Got it. But we got 8 days left in '09. #1 of 2009 / why?

I'm gonna go with Be'lakor - Stone's Reach
    Hypocrisy - A Taste of Extreme Divinity
    Amorphis - Skyforger

Can't decide. All spectacular. No actual explanation. Reason - No explanation needed...

edit: that whole post was not cry fest. t'was anger/poor reasoning. you selected the wrong facey/expression. Where is the "titties in my face and I'm surprised by the bounty of the aforementioned titties" smiley? You'd think after years of forums there would be something of the sort...

5. Cronopio

I wouldn't know if I like them, as I've never heard a single note of their music. Should I? If so, where to begin?

6. Bleak Eyes

Bleak Eyes Irrelevant

That is hard to say in not knowing which bands you really like. You might not like them at all.

7. neal

neal wizard in black

Gay and Lying

seriously dude, BOTH of these "ragin' thrashers" have been TOTAL jackass idiot douchebags for at least 10 years, and neither has put out a good album in even longer than that! *

NOT TO MENTION Det Som En Gang Var(song) and Dunkelheit fuckin SLAY anything those two jerkoffs EVER did!

UNF BEYOTCH! you aint the only one who can make crazy assertions!@

* i acknowledge that Varg hasnt been relevant since the mid 90s either, but he's been in prison for shankin' a muthafucka, so he has an excuse

:loco:

8. AeonicSlumber

The Great Cold Distance.

9. AeonicSlumber

Well first off, I'm a fan of Varg's ambient shit too. I don't think he's made a bad album!

Second of all, I agree with this, but that's my point. Varg's shit is so good that his retarded racist beliefs and ideals don't mean anything to me. Plus, he doesn't inject that into his music. The other dudes once put out mighty albums and now are putting out garbage with this dick bullshit philosophy as semen flavored icing on an already gay as fuck cake. That's what grinds my gears.

10. The Don

The Don Member

Fuckin lol. Nice one.

I think Shaffer needs to stop making metal albums. I'm pretty sure no one has given a shit about his music, let alone his philosophies and struggles since 2000. I have an idea for him though. The College Football music showcased on ESPN this year was fucking terrible. Dave Matthews and some gay ass country douche with his v-neck unbuttoned at the top singing about pounding anus and football or whatnot were on every game for the entire season. They need to call up Shaffer, tell him not to open his filthy mouth, and have him just riff up some chunky rhythms. Less gay for football and metal fans alike.

11. Cronopio

Yeah, I know we're far as fuckety-fuck from each other and that there's an ocean of sadness an apathy separating us and whatnot, but what album should I start with?

12. Gadlor

Gadlor Herald of Homoerotic Fury

Oceaaaan of sadness and apathy!

On a different note, Shadow Gallery's new album - after a day of listening - has emerged as a strong-ass contender for one of my favorites this year. I've always had a thing for them, and this cd is really good - probably better than Room V.

13. AeonicSlumber

Yeah this year was really solid for Inside Out between Redemption, Devy's shit, Shadow Gallery and even Transatlantic was decent.

14. ShadowCreator

ShadowCreator Member

Well I'm bored so I made my list... it was really hard choosing everything after the top 5. I'm sure my opinion will change with time....

Woods Of Ypres - Woods IV: The Green Album
    Katatonia - Night Is the New Day
    Amesoeurs - Amesoeurs
    Nargaroth - Jahreszeiten
    Lifelover - Dekadens (Mini CD)
    Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Children Of The Dark Waters
    Insomnium - Across The Dark
    The Project Hate MCMXCIX - The Lustrate Process
    Cryptic Wintermoon - Fear
    Hypocrisy - A taste Of Extreme Divinity
    Wolves In The Throne Room - Black Cascade
    Porcupine Tree - The Incident
    Autumnblaze - Perdition Diaries (This album is wild as hell)
    Old Man's Child - Slaves Of the World
    Shining - VI- Klagopsalmer
    Amorphis - Skyforger (First and only album I like of theirs)
    Skyfire - Esoteric
    Fragments Of Unbecoming - The Everhaunting Past
    Immortal - All Shall Fall
    Devin Townsend - Addicted

15. Bleak Eyes

Bleak Eyes Irrelevant

I keep wanting to make a list, but I wanted to check out some more albums that I had yet to hear from last year. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon, so I will just make a list of my goods.

I am not listing in any order.

Amesoeurs (This was my first half album of the year)
    Porcupine Tree - The Incident (At gunpoint, this might be my favourite album of the year)
    Katatonia - Night Is The New Day
    Maybeshewill - Sing the Word Hope in Four-Part Harmony
    Sleepmakeswaves/Tangled Thoughts of Leaving - Split
    Bass Communion - Litany
    Shining - VI - Klagopsalmer (1,000 steps down from Halmstad, but I really enjoy it for some reason)
    The Morningside - Moving Crosscurrent of Time
    Long Distance Calling - Avoid the Light
    Lifelover - Dekadens
    Insomnium - Across the Dark
    Skyfire - Fractal
    Wolves in the Throne Room - Malevolent Grain
    Alcest/Les Discrets - Split

Here is a list of albums that I either have not listened to enough or thought was just alright. I will start with albums I have not listened to enough that I think I could really get into with more plays.

If These Trees Could Talk - Above the Earth, Below the Sky
    Tides From Nebula - Aura
    Nahemah - A New Constellation

Kaki King - Mexican Teenagers (Decent EP. Very different from what she has done to this point, but it is not mind blowing unfortunately. It is mostly electric guitar, but I am so excited to hear her new album in 2010. A sweet psychedelic-esque closer though.)
    Wolves in the Throne Room - Black Cascade (I have not given this enough spins, but I am not sure if anything has really grabbed me. It might hit me over time though.)
    The Project Hate - The Lustrate Process (Only played it once, but I will probably like it the next time. Weird band with fun stuff sometimes.)
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Children Of The Dark Waters (Listened a couple of times, remember nothing specifically)
    Devin Townsend - Ki (Decent, but I was expecting more really)
    Skyfire - Esoteric (Not sure if it is just this album or if my tastes have really changed since Spectral, but I am not totally into the album. There are a few sweet tracks, but the rest I considered just alright. I really liked the tracks on Fractal though)
    Old Man's Child - Slaves Of The World (I do not remember much from this except that Peter's drumming is very disappointing. There might have been one moment where I thought yeah, that is Peter.)
    Isis - Wavering Radiant (I do not get this bands popularity yet. I like a couple of their older albums, but this one never did much for me after a couple spins)
    Bat For Lashes - Two Suns (Has a few really cool tracks, but otherwise not stunning.)
    Altar of Plagues - White Tomb (Listened just once, but I was painfully bored for awhile. It may or may not be my cup of tea.)
    dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion (I really like the album Catch Without Arms, but only listened to this once. Do not remember much either.)
    Diarmonia Mundi - The Isolation Game (Not sure if I will ever feel like listening to this after one listen.)

When I need some chugs/breakdowns, I will random track through:
    August Burns Red - Constellations
    Threat Signal - Vigilance

Albums I still need to listen to:
    Swallow the Sun - New Moon
    Caspian - Tertia
    Eluveitie - Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion (I saw a video from this album and I was sadly unimpressed.)
    Ghost Brigade - Isolation Songs
    Immortal - All Shall Fall
    Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough
    Nargaroth - Jahreszeiten
    Devin Townsend - Addicted

Definitely a drawn out post, but I wanted to get in everything I have really enjoyed, albums I need more time with, decent albums and the ones that I still need to hear.

16. froosch

froosch Low Talker

The new Skyclad album is a Skyclad album. Not as good as Semblance of Normality, but still really good. Sounds more like later Walkier-era stuff, but is about as heavy as Semblance.

17. Bleak Eyes

Bleak Eyes Irrelevant

I finally listened to The Few Against Many. After hearing Bränd Mark whenever that was on their myspace the first time, I thought they had some potential with the symphonic elements. But I think the album was pretty base as far as riffs and such. The symphonies did not do enough for me, but I will always enjoy what I call the Dan Swanö keys. I also thought that Christian's vocals were not as powerful as they could have been.

18. AeonicSlumber

You mean Moog synthesizers that have been used since Dan was in diapers? POSER! ;)

19. Bleak Eyes

Bleak Eyes Irrelevant

Yeah, I have just never listened to anything before him that uses them.

20. ShadowCreator

ShadowCreator Member

At first I thought The Few Against Many album was garbage, then thought it was pretty cool... Now its just mehhhhhhhh. A few tracks are pretty sweet though.

You should listen to that EToS album some more, after listening to it a handfull of times I saw the glory. :)