This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Releasing an ELECTRONIC/METAL/DJENT/BREAKDOWN ALBUM...thoughts and opinions plz!

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by DDM, Jan 20, 2011.

1. DDM

DDM New Metal Member

The release of my album is looking like its about to drop sometime early March. In order to promote my album I have released one unmastered track on youtube. The link is below, check it out and let me know if what yall think!
    If you like it, make sure you subscribe to my channel so you will be updated immediately once my album is live.

Thanks,

DDM

#1 DDM, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Anarkissed

Anarkissed BOK CHOY!!!

Hahahaha I like at the end. 'But...................................................................................................it's gonna be sick. >=D '

I wasn't sold right at the start, though it got a lot more interesting at around 1:30, especially up when it starts doing the glitch-guitar stuff. Pretty mad.

Two little nitpicks - the vocals don't seem to sit very well with the rest of the track, and there doesn't seem to be much bottom-end. Though obviously it's unmastered so I'll reserve judgement up until then!

3. DDM

DDM New Metal Member

Thanks man, I absolutely agree with you about the low end frequencies being "lacking". Could you be a little more specific about what you don't like about the vocals? For my benefit.

4. irishfan3124

irishfan3124 Member

the vocals are muffled sounding, making them not sit in the mix very well. I have the same problems with my vocals, so I can't offer much advice. But EQ the vocals and it will help alot. also, how did you do the so-called "glitch guitars" starting at around 1:35? i'm diggin' that

5. jimwilbourne

jimwilbourne I try.

other than the for-mentioned muffled vocals,

I'd like to hear a tad more clarity in the mix.

6. Charles J

Charles J New Metal Member

you need to have a pro mix this bro, for real... the music could be VERY fucking cool if you got with the right producer/engineer.

if i were you, i'd focus on writing and NOT production... around 1:30 reminds me of a part in one of my old G.O.R. songs, hahaha... SICK.

7. Seth Munson

Seth Munson How do Amber Lamps?

+1

with the right people and some guidance this shit could be really fucking cool
    I digg it forsure

8. DDM

DDM New Metal Member

I appreciate the advice, and there's a lot of comments that are going to guide me in my production. I'm studying sound engineering at school and I'm in my second semester of doing so. I have had zero production/mixing experience or knowledge before I entered my major. The point of this album is for me to gain this experience. So, at the end of it all, if i can't find the right sound/tone I will look to someone who has had more experience to fix it up, but until then I would appreciate mixing advice such as "vocals are to muffled"...that I can work with. This album is my first, so I'm going to learn as much about the process as I can. I posted here looking for some advice and guidance...so keep it coming!

9. DDM

DDM New Metal Member

What can i do to make the drums sound better?

10. DDM

DDM New Metal Member