This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

Yep, it fits nicely on some acrobatic extreme sports stuff. But AYDY? I think that one has a self destructive vibe apart from the party songs. Lots of negative energies in songs 2, 3, 4, 5, positive energies in songs 6, 7, 9 and a mix of both in the first track and T,L&S. Used to have a lot to relate to in AYDY around 2005-2006 when I was partying like mad and ending up waking all fucked.

FTR is a total party album for me. It's all about the memories of my first summer house beer parties on a nightly lakeside as teens. Those days I'd like to experience again.

:lol: I have serious problems with imagining anyone listening to FTR while smoking a Cuban cigar and drinking Bourbon.

This one I personally see different again. I think some gothic trance and different kinds of dark music fits the mood of a night city.

2. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

I think this is probably the case since alexi stated that Was it Worth It? is something they've never done before and didn't mention that this is what the whole album is like.

3. FerouC

FerouC New Metal Member

What the hell guys? When I heard the song yesterday I thought "Holysh!t now the forums will be full of praises and compliments on the new song!" but seems to be exatcly the opposite for the most part.

I loved the song! The feeling in the chorus itself (as simple it is) is better than the feeling in 8 songs on Blooddrunk (Banned from Heaven being an exception) The simple melody in the chorus is just so good. I think Alexi fell in love with the main riff, and kinda got 'blinded' by it, so it got repeated a tad too much. Which is fine by me, because I friggin' love that riff.

I have to admit the vocals on the verses and solos weren't that good. Why use that digital filter effect when it clearly sets the vocals down? But all in all, I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the song. The album is going to be wicked!

Oh, and the "Hell Yeah's" are so bodom. Where have you been the last 7 years?

4. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

Holy Shit, worst promotion ever, I would rather let some shitty 128k mp3 be leaked instead of "releasing" it through the radio. Man, of course people will rip it and even put weird effects on it(additional to the stuff that happens with the song while being streamed) and thats better than letting people hear a shitty version of the real thing? lol

5. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Because the musicians are touchy 15 y.o. girls that need protecting. What would you recommend, for everyone to jump on the "this is awesome cause it's CoB" wagon instead? If you took the time to read the negative comments and the previous discussions, you'd see that a lot of it is well-grounded criticism that targets specific flaws. If you find that any amount of criticism makes you lose motivation for improvement, you won't get very far in life. I heard the song, it sucked (IMO), I wrote why I think it did, as did many other people. It's their opinion, learn to fucking deal with it. If you want to get in an argument about opinions, at least have something solid to say not just flame the whole forum. All I see thus far is a rant about how "you guys are assholes because you don't love everything with a Bodom stamp on it". Grow up, please.

P.S. All of that regardless of whether any of that post targeted me or not.

See, the problem is that most of the song is built around "that ONE riff" and that's just fucking pathetic. Takes repetitive to a new level.

Agreed. Why they wouldn't just stream the track on the website if they wanted to promote it (like so many bands do these days) is beyond me.

6. (__Joonas__)

Sooo much better song... after listening to a full song you get a better comprehension of these sounds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiZpVQ9kNY&feature=related[/ame]

I love the chorus in WIWI tho.

7. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

^ Well, at least the solo isn't pathetic. But it remains to be seen what the rest of the song is like.

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Listen the full interview, you can hear the parts where they are talking on top of it if you concentrate :) (At least is it fast or slow from the drums)

I think SKO is a very promising song (we've heard most of it) It sounds like something from between HB, and HCDR but a little darker so maybe BD there too... But didn't Alexi say in an interview that the album's gonna be a little more black metalish? (I take it being more Black metalish because it sounds darker)

#2788 ESA1996, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  9. EvilKatarn

EvilKatarn Jaaniöö, Bodomi Öö

When it's stuck in my head harder than Downfall, then yeah... I fucking love it and am going to buy the record purely based off of that.

I've listened to WiWi over ten times now and I still like it as much as the first time I heard it. :headbang: A total fucking party song.

10. (__Joonas__)

Yeah, 0:34 - 1:54. Unless they're cutting it around. But it sounds bloody good, can't wait to hear the whole thing.

11. Vaneessjjee

Vaneessjjee and the story ends.

WIWI IT'S A REAL KICKER SONG ! Thanks to let me hear about that and i'm more and more excited after I listened the new song !!!!!

12. SaatananPieniSisar

I'm so lucky today..

Just listening to Radio Rock (Finnish radio station) at work and they're playing WIWI!..

Don't really know what to think of it.. It's very.. uhm.. catchy.. and uhm.. I don't know...

13. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

:lol::lol:

14. SaatananPieniSisar

What?

I happen to be happy I can listen to it at work (in the Netherlands), cause I have been looking for it for ages!

And today I just had the feeling I had to listen to it.. And within 2 minutes of me putting it on, WIWI was played..

(And btw.. Now they're playing even more music I like 'Stratovarius - Hunting High and Low' which is kinda youth sentiment for me..)

15. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

It's just like the shittiest radio station ever. They only play decent music in few shows.

16. SaatananPieniSisar

Ah well, I don't understand half of what they are saying, but the music is like 10000x better than dutch radioshows...

And, now I have heard the new CoB single, and that's something I would have never heard on dutch radio :)

17. Norbix

Norbix Member

I know exactly how you feel. ; )

It's a shame Necroraven had to reply to your post. This is the guy who apparently hardly listens to COB anymore because 'he's grown out of it' but still has time to post his shitty opinions on here (like little blood red riding hood best song since Something Wild) almost 24/7.

18. Norbix

Norbix Member

Do you think they're intentionally making their songs sound commercial? Personally, I think they just changed with age in addition to the fact that they said they don't want to repeat something they've already done. The way I see it is they've been on a path to this type of sound since HCDR.

TBH, I don't think Alexi can write another Towards Dead End or Hate me. I think he's just changed too much. He said somewhere he looked back at his old songs and doesn't remember how he came up with some of it. That being said I think this album is going to be really good based on all of the information I've gathered so far. This song is exactly what they said it would be, which is great because I think albums need different types of songs in them. Not to mention I think this song is a great live song after so many face melting ones. SV sounds good and that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

19. Necroraven

Necroraven Member

Oh, please.

Not really true, by the way.

So everyone who doesn't share your opinions should fuck off? :lol:

Just by hiring a producer they have taken a step towards commerciality, though that doesn't necessarily mean, that they are commercial. Yet.

I recall 2 or 3-year old interview with SOB (?) where Alexi said, that he could write stuff like SW, but he doesn't want to. He doesn't feel like writing that kind of music anymore.

20. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

It's not an opinion, it's the truth.