This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. FridgePack

FridgePack That Swede!

Have both NMF and CotN been released now? Seems to have lost the news totally just by being away for a few days :OMG:

Just aint gonna care anymore, does not have to know everything and analyse it...! ;) Will listen to them all when I get the album. =)

Cheers!

EDIT: About that, is it worth it to order the limited Edition och just go for the ordinary?

2. SaatananPieniSisar

@Kilon: Ga je alleen naar Enschede dan? Ze spelen 30 maart ook in Tilburg he...

I bought my ticket for the March 30 show today.. hopefully there'll still be tickets for the May 13th show when I get my salary in March haha..
    Now I have to wait until I get the album... Hopefully it'll be on my doorstep when I get back from work on Friday..

3. o1-deathbyorder

What? :err:

4. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

@Fridgepack: NMF, COTN, Ugly and WIWI (and SK in the interview thingie) are already out to listen. On the album editions, I know me and some more people over here have ordered the limited edition with the book and all the stuff, but that's your own choice.

5. krofius

krofius Active Member

Not My Funeral is fucking... AWESOME!!!!!!
    One of the best Bodom songs I've heard for a long time, and this is only after the first listen...sweet.
    It'll get even better after a few listens + real quality. Best part about the song is the solos for sure. The tremolo riffing between 4:40-4:44 is sick as well.

6. Fastbodom

Fastbodom I Spit on Your Grave

HELL YEAH !:headbang:

7. Norbix

Norbix Member

Hmm. Yeah, nihilist is a technical solo. The keyboard (+guitar) section of not my funeral is technical as hell, too. Ugly is far from that, it's a straightforward but good solo. But the main solo in NMF is just straight up classic Alexi and it rips. Although I feel like it should end a few seconds sooner. Also, I'm assuming that little solo early on in the song is Roope's.

I'd say reaching 75% of your expectations is a quite a feat.

Hell yeah brother

8. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

It's definitely Roope I think.

But remember I never expected it to top HB or FTR. Fundamentally I think (based on NMF) this album is so well thought-out on the sound-side and pretty technical so it will be impossible to call it straight worse than any other album, it's a taste matter. Let's see how the other songs are. I hope tracks 2 and 3 are also great...

9. Norbix

Norbix Member

Neither did I. Personally, I just wanted two or three great tracks from the modern COB. So far Not My Funeral is the first, and I too am hoping for Shovel and Roundtrip to be bangers.

Knock on wood.

10. children of COB

I really want to listen to NMF with good album 320kbps quality, it will be even better. Also I think Northpole, which many of you seem to be kind of frowning upon, is going to be really good. And SK, but we already knew that. Can't wait to listen to it album quality.

11. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

We'll have to see about that. The 30-second preview for it was kinda bad (so it's not surprising that people aren't expecting much), but that's most likely because they picked a boring part of the song for it.

12. children of COB

I do like quite a bit the preview part actually, and in one of the most recent interviews it said that it's the best solo in the whole album. Dunno, I think it'll be pretty cool.

People is saying that RTHAB will probably be pretty good and I myself don't really see why from the preview, looks kinda dull, then again the reviews said it sounds Sinergy-influenced and that it has quite a bit of guitar work. We'll have to wait and see.

13. dark5hadow

dark5hadow Member

OMG!! the supposed to be the best track on the album is out?!! already?!! cannot listen to it :( no! ...no! NOT listening!! :(

14. cobhc17

cobhc17 Member

I'm doin the same exact thing. Will power man!! will power!! LOL

15. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

RTHAB sounds sorta like Angels Don't Kill and those type of songs. Certainly sounds catchy. One of the better previews, though hardly the best.

16. The Bringer

The Bringer Member

It is really coming down to the wire with tomorrow being the Japan release.

17. dave100

dave100 Member

You have to commend the band on how well they have prevented any leaks. Blooddrunk was already leaked by now last time and the release date was still a month away.

18. Physicx

Physicx Member

fuck i wish this came out march 2nd instead of the 8th for NA

the urge to listen to nmf...MUST. RESIST. ARRRRRRRGH

i prolly wont get it until the 14th or something though cause shipping to canada is always a gay

19. kilon

kilon I told you!

Ja. Helaas is het echt onmogelijk voor mij om ook naar Tilburg te gaan :(
    Het zou mooi zijn om het begin en het eind van de tour mee te maken, maar that's life.

And I wanted to comment about tomorrow being only March 1st, but obviously Japan lives in the future so it's earlier March 2nd over there. First time I like time zones.

20. SaatananPieniSisar

@Kilon: Jammer, Enschede vond ik overigens belachelijk duur..

Now I'm really starting to get anxious.. I hope the album will be on my doorstep on Friday.. I've heard 4 out of 9 songs and my overall impression is very very good..
    At first I had my doubts a little bit.. but those are gone now :)