This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Religion and shit

Discussion in 'CoB Off-topic' started by TheKid, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Kochon

Kochon Fuck.

While I appreciate your concern, I'm sticking to my opinion. I'd rather live with that I can see, then try to wish for something I must have faith for. This way I'm avoiding any deception.

Not that I refuse to see god or my soul or whatever, I just think it's a damn waste of time to do so. You may "feel for me" and think I'm a pathetic, gray teenager, I don't really care. I just gave my opinion, it's not a debate, I had no intention to be convinced that I'm wrong. I've arrived to this state of mind through a long process of reflexion and observation.

I respect people who need to believe in all this stuff, and who need to feel a stronger presence around, but never will I share their beliefs. As for love, it exists. Is it godly? Is it an extra-body experience? A perfect alliance of two souls and blablabla? To me, no. You feel love, you like the person, eventually you get to be with her/him, and try your best to adapt to him and the new lifestyle of being with someone. There's no such thing as "soulmates". I think it's a stupid and simple way to look at things. It kind of kills the romance, and makes it impossible to fully enjoy being with the other person.

2. XxSNAPxX

XxSNAPxX [HYDRAKUS]

Okay, let's clear the dust here. I'll be up front here. My title is yours to dictate since no matter what i say i am, you'll think i'm something different. Okay, I believe that god is a personal thing and god, is whatever or whoever is the most gracious to you at any time, and the god within you make you do good....and the devil, much that same, is anyone doing wrong to you or making you do wrong. They are both ideas and dwell within every person, like for example. My mom, who is a really undecided person religiously, was REALLY sick last year, she was bed ridden at home for a week. During that time my dad stayed home to take care of her, afterwards she said that in those moments my dad was her god, he catered to her, and kept her well.....so that's my take on it really, of course there's more but since i'll be flamed for whatever i say in this thread due to the blunt way i came about entering the conversation, i'll pass.

3. SteveAwesome

SteveAwesome Guilty of being SEXY

@this entire thread

[​IMG]

4. Elin

Elin Daughter of Death

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

^^

No matter how INTELLIGENT you are, it doesn't make you capable of understanding this kind of stuff.

Hmm I'm so intelligent I understand water doesn't turn to wine, not even with the technology available today. And that God person can't sit on a cloud because of gravity, so he can't exist. ^^ And My life doesn't change if I burn the bible and trust my insticts.

You so remind me of my ex in that post. I grew tired of that attitude and dumped her.

6. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

That's the reaction 99% of people have when someone suggests the possibility of the existence of extra terrestial entities or their visitations here. I suggest you study before laughing and making a fool of yourself, as you clearly have no idea.

7. snowy

snowy The Empire Strikes Back

dude it's ''him'' when you're referring to men.

8. Undefined

Undefined Indefinite Entity

9. Undefined

Would have been a flawless victory but you spelled genius wrong :(

10. CliffBurton

CliffBurton Member

He scores well on tests, but put a capitol in the right place in a sentence :(.
    I do like his new way of stopping his thoughts (PERIOD)

11. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

I have studied the area, which is what makes me laugh more about you. Keep living the dream yo, maybe if you wish enough it will come true.

12. Undefined

Unless you've written a 15 pager long paper stfu

13. TheKid

TheKid OFR

Would anyone else here prefer it if it was 100% irrefutably proven that there was no God or afterlife?

14. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

Believe what you want, but watch out for the reptile people, they'll be after you since you've figured out the truth :loco:

Wouldn't change a thing, people would still believe in whatever religion they do

15. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Religion is just a complete waste of time to me. I just see it as something for people to hide behind for comfort from the fact that when they die they are going to lay in the dirt and rot, and most likely be forgotten, or hardly mentioned over the course of the next 50 years following their death.

That's just me though.

16. TheKid

TheKid OFR

No, I mean in such a way that it would be literally impossible and religion would die. Goddamnit I wish that would happen.

17. Lussi

Lussi Member

Didn't you ever consider that if religions existed it's because it's part of what human are? i'm not a "religious" person at all. but the fact people have always believed in some gods, spiritualities, and made rituals cannot be explained only by people are weak or something. I mean this is complex. Why does every civilisation has its own spirituality, belifs, gods, religions etc... rituals? i'm not saying it's agood thing or a bad thing but you can't deny it's part of the human race (if i can speak like that).

18. Muffin

Muffin Dawn

I guess, but it really is impossible, the human brain has the uncanny ability to confuse itself and believe things regardless of the logical flaws that might present themselves, this coupled with peoples mindset of "anything is possible and if you deny that you're a fool", you get to a point where anyone is willing to believe anything regardless of logic and science. I don't see religion disappearing at all, in one way or another it's gonna be there, look at what scientologists can believe.

inb4 someone lectures me on how i have no proof against intergalactic warlords

It's the urge to find an explanation for things that drives religious and spiritual needs, we're "blessed" with the ability to analyze and understand, but we can only rely on whatever we observe, and then we fill out the blanks. It's easier to explain thunder and lightning as the wrath of a god, than the electrical discharge and generation of a plasma that rapidly changes the pressure of the air, when all you have is visual and audio clues. And as i mentioned before, the mind can generate it's own world of facts and fiction, which is why purely human word-of-mouth description of an event, is rarely a reliable source.

19. Undefined

/THREAD

20. Works0fheart

Works0fheart Member

Yes it can. How many decisions over the course of history do you think have been made out of fear? Not a single war, persecution, or act of violence wasn't made out of some thought of giving themselves security. People have never been able to accept the fact that there is nothing when they die, it wasn't just an idea that popped up over night. The first person that walked the earth probably had some stupid god they prayed to daily for some type of solace that there was something more when they died, because the thought of nothing was too much to bear for their worried little minds.

Yes, gods existed for other reasons, and every one of them has been there as substitutes for when man could not explain things. Like when people believed in rain gods because they didn't know why it rained. We have proved all of those things wrong except for the God that is most frequently talked about, because there isn't much of a way to find out what there is after death other than to die.

Gods are just ignorant answers to things we do not understand.