This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Remember this guy...?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Glaurung, May 1, 2008.

1. Glaurung

Glaurung Father of Dragons

good sweaty times lol

This is what we need for PP10!

#1 Glaurung, May 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. rushzil2112

rushzil2112 Member

If I remember right, didn't the drummer for Andrew W.K. play for Obituary back in the day?

3. BlackRoseMetalHeart

BlackRoseMetalHeart Metal Mistress

I think that I actually heard that the majority (if not all) of his band were the members of Obituary if I remember correctly.

Paging DemonOfTheWoods - Can I get a fact check on that? I'd like to use my life line. :lol:

By the way - LOVE Andrew W.K. ... although when I go to his shows I find that I hate most of his fans because they are pretty much all brainless college frat boy types.

4. BlackRoseMetalHeart

And who could forget this happy Andrew W.K. moment ...

[YOUTUBE]http://<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekvnqXHPCG4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ekvnqXHPCG4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. Glaurung

Glaurung Father of Dragons

HAHAHA!

6. TXHOSER

TXHOSER Nobody f**ks w/ the Jesus

I liked him back in the day but figured he would be loathed on this site. He was just loud, goofy, fun music. I was listening to a song just yesterday and thought it sounded like children's music played at 11. I don't mean that in a bad way.

Did he ever put out another album? And if so, was it any good?
    I'm not sure if I need another one but I'm just curious.

7. BlackRoseMetalHeart

Actually I think he has three albums out.

I Get Wet (2001)
    The Wolf (2003)
    Close Calls With Brick Walls (2006) - I think this one is just a Japanese import though.

I'm not sure that I've heard the most recent one - CCWBW - but I think I remember liking a few things on The Wolf. I know Nick owns it and we were actually listening to a bunch of Andrew WK just a few weeks ago. I know I'm pretty partial to I Get Wet even if mostly everything on it sounds the same, but it's good fun party music.

Also, all the singles and soundtracks that he appears on are also listed on his website.

8. BlackRoseMetalHeart

And after doing a little searching on his website myself I found this:

9. nailz

nailz Member

I went to see him perform in this small dingy ass club with no baracade in front. At the end of the concert, he invited everyone on stage to dance around. It was easily one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to.

10. JenniferLynn

JenniferLynn AKA Irish

AWK is one of those even if you're not big on the music, the live show is an absolute BLAST... They're bloody insane live - LOVED the show, not a big fan of the music - I don't hate it but it's not something I'd listen to all the time, ya know?? - but damn was that a good time!!

And yeah, hated the fans - they're exactly as described above...

11. DAVETHEMETALGUY

everytime i saw that guy, it seemed there was some sort of melee in the crowd and the ambulance had to get called. i swear it almost seemed like it was planned...

12. Ruthven

Ruthven Member

I like the guy's songs, as noted by others it is just fun, uptempo rock and roll music. By all accounts he is a super-nice guy as well.

13. TBJ

TBJ Member

WTF was that???

It looked like a nightmare I would have after watching Adult Swim for 48 hours straight on nothing but doritos and cheap tequila.

14. En Vind Av Sorg

Not that Encyclopedia Metallum is the most reliable source, but this is listed under Obituary's additional notes:

Obituary had a 7 year absence 1997-2004 because the band members had other priorities to turn to like raising new families and getting "real jobs." Though they were broken up for a 7 year period, they reunited of all the odd ways. Donald Tardy plays for Andrew W.K. band, and during one live performance during early 2004 in Florida, some of the other Obituary members were present and decided to play some Obituary tunes just for fun for the audience. From that experience, Obituary realized how much good friends they still are despite the separation and decided in due time that they should do what they love best and that's playing as a band.