This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reviews for PRETTY MAIDS-Motherland...

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by labrekk, Mar 18, 2013.

1. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

after the absolutely BRILLIANT Pandemonium, I have HUGE expectations for this album...

2. Stevie WOnder

Stevie WOnder Not so active member

+1

3. Justin G

Justin G Member

Man, this album rules. I'll add my review to that list shortly.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart SoulBurn

This is a great disc...melodic metal bliss. I think it's even better than the highly acclaimed Pandemonium. This is also so much better than the hugely disappointing new Saxon album, and the bland yet ok Pink Cream 69 disc. I think it's a fair comparison to make between the new output of the 3 bands, particularly with Pretty Maids and Saxon since they are both consistent, album making/churning machines of a high level.

5. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

I love the album, but it's not better than Pandemonium

6. Rezz

Rezz Member

Awesome album - definitely making my top 10 for the year. Only time will tell if it's better than Pandemonium though.

One complaint though - the song Infinity was tugging at my memory like I had heard it before. I finally made the connection today and, am I crazy, or are these two songs awfully similar??

#7 Rezz, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  7. labrekk

labrekk Member

Hugely disappointing new Saxon disc??? You must be the first one to say this. The reviews are mostly excellent, I love Sacrifice, and the people I played it liked it a lot as well. What's the problem of that album for you?

I kinda agree about the new PK 69, which I do find weaker than the latest few, even though surely not bad.

I like the new Pretty Maids a lot, but so far I think Pandemonium was better overall. But this could change with more listens.

8. labrekk

labrekk Member

There are surely some similarities. I'm not sure the guys would want to copy Nickelback on purpose though...I prefer the Pretty Maids one...:heh:

9. actordude

actordude Member

Just ordered my copy yesterday......can't wait!!!