This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Right angle vs straight TS cables

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Ericlingus, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

I was wondering how many of you use right angle cables when connecting your guitar to whatever you're using (such as an AXE FX or Kemper or into your audio interface). I was wondering if any of you also use a right angle plugged into your guitar. It seems that your guitar would have less stress put on its input jack with a right angle. I can't count how many times I've had/seen issues with a guitar input jack. I'm curious and I'm also looking for validation on whether or not I should keep my straight Mogami Gold instrument cable or get a straight/right angle one.

2. Studdy

Studdy Member

Bingo! If it gets bumped it doesnt have as much leverage to do damage. It isnt a sound quality thing.

3. Ericlingus

Of course it's not a sound quality issue. It just protects your gear better. I always try to use right angle plugs on my gear. Especially stuff that moves and can potentially get bumped in to. It also looks nicer.

4. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

I miss my Ibanez S-Series for the sole reason of having a Fender-style jack, which is recessed a bit into the body.

Currently using straight 1/4" in my LTD and need an angled because the jack is getting fucked up fairly quickly....as well as my volume pot, somehow.

5. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

Depends on the style of guitar. If input jack is in the traditional spot (ex. Les Paul), then I always will use a right-angle plug. For the amp, it depends as well. Too many variables to give you a "yes or no" answer. If it keeps things nice, clean and safe; then use that style of plug.

6. Ericlingus

I wish.there were more double right angle cablee around

7. guitarklown

guitarklown Member

I always use a right angle plug when plugging in to my Mark V, it kinda gets in the way of the switches for channel 1, but I can always leave it connected when I put the cover over my amp, and i'd hate to damage my baby.

Seems like such a pointless conversation when you think about it. :p