This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Right let's make the Astoria a night to remember...

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Lionheart747, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Lionheart747

Lionheart747 Member

Come on boys and girls,let's make the Astoria a loud one and then you never know we may get them back at The Hammersmith again one day....what do you think.......:kickass:

2. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

With it being on St. Georges day, it certainly promises to be a night to remember! :headbang:

3. Blitzkrieg2006

anyone know how ticket sales are goin ?

4. Bosnian Witchfinder

im bringin 6 possibly 8 mates to the astoria, who ive promised saxon will be amazing to, so saxon had better not let me down!!

Ive only seen an advert for this gig in classic rock, i havent seen one in metal hammer, terrorizer or kerrang, so its not as well promoted as last time.

5. saxon747rock

saxon747rock Member

I think all forum members should have some sort of pass so we get the best place in the venue plus poss meat the band afterwards for autographs and photos.

I think a lot of people on this forum put a lot of good stuff on here for the rest of the fans to read plus you never no when the band read it, it might give them ideas for things so i think the members on this forum should get what i put above what do you think?

But nice to get something up and running before this up and coming tour
    and wonder if they would

6. WILKS

WILKS Member

Its hard to say mate.I got mine last week and the numbers were in the 480s.But other people have said they have tickets with over a 1000 on.
    Since i started going to Saxon gigs again,both venues (Astoria and Rock City) have been either sell outs or as good as.
    I think since the days of credit cards and internet yhe numbers on the tickets dont seem to mean anything.

7. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Well said mate. It would be nice if something like that happened, but it won't! Don't forget, we on this website are the LAST people to hear any Saxon related news. So any special treatment for forum members just ain't gonna happen.

8. Blitzkrieg2006

Hi Wilks
    cheers anyway mate ..was just curious

9. Fingers

Fingers Member

Mate I have been trying in the background to set this up, I didn't really want to publicise it until nearer the time in case it went belly up. The situation is the band are very responsive to this idea but unfortunately the venue i.e. The Astoria will not co-operate, apparently unhelpful is a very polite way of putting it. :mad:

Basically Nigel has been championing this idea for us and has said that he will come out after soundcheck and see who's about and they always go for a pint afterwards. :kickass:

I keep chipping away and will keep Nigel posted as to where we will all be meeting and see what happens.

One thing I would say is, and this is my opinion from my communication's the band do care about us, they DO read this site, but remember Vince (The webmaster) is only one person and he can only tell us what he has been told.

10. Ruprekt

Ruprekt Harmsworth

im taking about 4 mates so we'll make saxon proud!!!

11. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

It's great of Fingers to try and sort something out to try and get the band to meet us. It's also great that Nigel was up for it and took it to the band. If the band did something for us (the forum members), like getting us into a soundcheck, or maybe meeting us backstage, or in a private room in a pub, then that would be superb. If a few of the members of the band just came along to a pub, well then anyone can meet them, and that isn't really anything special for the loyal forum members. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see them. But like I said, it's not anything particular exclusive to the fans on the forum. I think that was what Saxon747rock was getting at.

I'm not gonna even go into why bubbermouth has the tracklisting for the new live album and there isn't a single mention of it on the OFFICIAL SAXON WEBSITE! And no, I'm not having a pop at Vince!

12. WILKS

WILKS Member

Fingers you are a star.If comes off we all owe you a least a drink.:worship: :kickass: :headbang:

13. Fingers

Fingers Member

I got an e-mail from Vince with the track listing. If I get chance when I get any of those updates I'll post them, hopefully then at least we will all get the info as soon as its out. :headbang:

14. Blitzkrieg2006

Hi all
    just a quick note to say ..
    have a safe journey to whatever Saxon dates you are attending ..
    might get to meet some of yous :)

Ken

15. Bosnian Witchfinder

hi ken!
    looking forward to blitzkrieg.
    By the way tell the lads in saxon to at least play Lionheart aswell as their 80s songs!
    cheers

16. Raven_1

Raven_1 nevermore....

For some reason im really really really looking foward to this gig,this isnt the first time ive seen saxon or blitzkrieg but i really cant wait!

17. Blitzkrieg2006

I know what we are playing ;)... any of yous in London on the saturday night ?

18. Metal_dude

Metal_dude Crusader

Iam traveling from sweden with my metalhead friend and its gonna eb a night to remember.

Any one no where to drink beer after the show?

19. Raven_1

Raven_1 nevermore....

Gonna be quite difficult what with it being a sunday and that!

I think most pubs will have an 11 o clock last orders

Not sure aboyt that one! :erk:

20. princess_of_the_night2112

princess_of_the_night2112 Goddess of Metal

:D :D :D :D

Yeah you can come back tay ma hoose and drink whatever you want if you look anything like your avatar. Mmmmmmm