This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Russell's Vocals

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by Ultimate_Symphony, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Djm

Djm Upside your head

Reading all those lyrics just put a big old smile on my face.

2. karelrulez

karelrulez Member

Wicked (She saaaaaiiiiiiheeeeeieeaaaaaaiid)
    Awakenings (needless to say...)
    Odyssey's title track
    well.. the whole odyssey album actually.. except for king of terrors, he sings pretty good on that one but I think it's a little bit over the top with agression in his voice.

Rediscovery pt 2 (He's taken form in human likeness, and manifest himself in all our darkest dreams!!)
    Candlelight Fantasia (IMO his best performance ever for SyX)

Star One's "Starchild", and "The Eye of Ra", it's funny when hearing Dan Swanö's thin high not-very-good voice, and right after that Russel's POWERFUL voice.

Lady of the Snow
    Egypt
    Out of the Ashes
    The Edge of Forever

3. Ultimate_Symphony

Ultimate_Symphony Rusted Angel

:lol: Better get those panties changed Star:lol:;)

thanks for the replies everyone I see that pretty much everyone agrees with me on some picks :D btw Pablo, Snowy and Karel great picks guys :)

4. SarkOfAge

SarkOfAge French ass

My favorite Russ' performance is on Divine Wings of Tragedy, and it is called "the prophet's cry" ;)

5. Valdemius

Valdemius Member

So far, anything I've heard except perhaps King of Terrors and the chorus on Orion - The Hunter. The first one just reminds me of PAntera, which is something I don't want when I listen to Symphony X. The vocal line on the chorus of the latter just strikes me as, well, bad.
    Tha Accolade II, on the other hand is just fantastic. As is all the Ayreon records his on, and of course Star One.

6. BastrdDrmr

BastrdDrmr Member

Vald, I'm really suprised that you say you don't want to hear Pantera when you listen to Symphony X, because there is a major Pantera element in Symphony X riffs a lot of times. The song Wicked from The Odyssey in particular sounds A LOT like a Pantera riff, way more than King of Terrors.

7. Valdemius

Valdemius Member

Yes, but this discussion was about vocals, was it not? I definitely agree that Pantera has some of the greatest riffs, and Symphony X has obviously been influenced by them, but I really do prefer the vocals in Symphony X. If Symphony X started sounding like the King of Terrors on every song, it would no longer be the Symphony X I like, but just another imitation of Pantera.